Did you mean: 

"Purchased from Samsung S21" & WiFi Calling

StoufferTheCat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I'm in the process of moving away from EE - no Sim-only deals less than 24 months means I'm looking elsewhere.

WiFi calling is an essential service to me - I live in a bit of a "no signal area" and I occasionally have the need to work out of a basement!

I've read the O2 site on WiFi calling and I can see that the Samsung S21 is listed as a compatible device - however, as with many telcos (Sky being the absolute worst on this) they "cannot guarantee that phones not purchased from them will work".

My S21 came directly from Samsung as a "handset alone" - no contract, no telco etc.

Can I assume that WiFi calling will just work (after getting O2 to enable it for my account and then me switching it on via my account)?

I'm shortlisting telco's at the moment - Vodafone is a confirmed no issue. Would just like to be able to add O2 to my "for consideration" list.

Cheers All.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@StoufferTheCat 

Yes it will work fine on a sim free S21.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@StoufferTheCat 

Yes it will work fine on a sim free S21.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2