Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Oops something went wrong" First contract. Took payment, but no conformation

Andy97
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys! Hoping someone on here could help point me in the right direction or atleast ease my mind! 

I've recently tried ordering a pay monthly phone on here (First time getting a contract out with o2, usually I'm on Pay as you Go), everything went smoothly until I clicked confirm(?) (After you agree to the terms etc of the direct debit) then it came up the error "Oops something went wrong" ,and to call 202 to completle my order. They've already took the upfront cost from my bank, I got emails with a bunch of legal documents, but no confirmation of the order. 

Rang 202 no answer. So ended up ringing this number  - 08442 020202 and a lady went an asked Customer Service about my situation and said to go on the online chat, which they then said it'll take 24hrs to come up on the system of any order. 

Cut long story short, I was wondering what do I do? Do I wait? Why did it come with that error but still take the money out of my account. 

This is all new to me, I'm sorry if this has been asked a thousand times. 

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Andy97 

The system probably threw up an error at precisely the wrong time.

However, if you have received emails afterwards then it appears everything went through ok.

To be certain, call O2 again using any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently 0800 587 4005 is the best number to call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Andy97 

The system probably threw up an error at precisely the wrong time.

However, if you have received emails afterwards then it appears everything went through ok.

To be certain, call O2 again using any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently 0800 587 4005 is the best number to call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Andy97
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff  Thanks for the quick reply! 

I rang that number you give me there, they were alot more helpful! Unforuntantly my order didn't seem to go through properly as nothing is coming up when they search my surname/postcode 😕 have to wait 24hrs for the upfront payment to be refunded into my account. 

Does all that sound correct to you? That wouldn't effect my credit? I've been reading posts on here saying that it might? Also would the the payment come back on a sunday? As I was hoping I'd snatch up that deal thats currently on aha. 

Thanks again for the quick reply

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Andy97 

It won't be returned tomorrow. Normally takes 5 working days.

Personally, I would wait until tomorrow now and check if the system has caught up with your order.

The last thing you want is two orders going through.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Andy97
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

5days? Dammit! I'll defitnely check tomorrow, fingers crossed.  

Would any of this effect my credit, if it fails to go through?

Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Andy97 

It shouldn't if it failed to go through.

However, I would check that out, as credit agencies may think you were refused.

If you stick with O2 and get them to process your contract, then it wouldn't have any affect at all.

How annoying!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

Andy97
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff  

I was just confused when they said it failed, due to the fact that my bank says its pending and that I got all the emails with those documents etc.

I hope they don't think I was refused! 

Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Andy97 

Actually if your bank says it's a pending payment, then it will be returned to your bank if O2 don't take payment. That could take a couple of days. It's a waiting game I'm afraid.

Check your O2 account tomorrow and see if anything has changed.

You could always call O2 again on that same number tomorrow, just see if it is showing up on their system.

Best advice I can offer unfortunately. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Andy97
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I was told yesterday by a customer service on live chat that my order did go through on the day (saturday), and I'd get confirmation today of the order, I didn't, so I contacted them again and was told that there's no order in my name etc, I'll get refunded and to place the order again.

Fair enough, I did just that placed my order only a few mins ago and it did the exact same thing "Oops something went wrong".

Thats £100 pending in my bank and god knows how that's affected the credit checks in my name.

Anyone have any advice?
Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Andy97 

The only thing you can do is contact customer services via a call (don't use live chat again)

and get them to sort this out and also ask THEM to place the order for you. It's apparently going wrong your end and shouldn't if they do it. Best number to call is 0800 587 4005

Failing that, go instore, explain what's happened and they can check on their system whilst also placing the order for you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12