cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Added Sky Wifi to O2 account" Eh??

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received a text message from o2, about 2 minutes after requesting access code.

" You've successfully added

your wifi service to your My

O2 account. Dont forget

you can manage your

account on the O2 Wifi

app http://www.o2.co.uk

/apps/wifi. For more apps

from O2, take a look here

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps."

I use Sky wifi, and have a secondary broadband through a commercial business provider(which was active at the time, and linked to Sky router physically,) but I logged in through Sky, and the wording seriously suggests that O2 have hijacked my router & dumped a logger into it.

Being a Sky pre-flashed router, I cant access the command mode to check what's been done(if anything).

Any ideas what it means?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I don't think O2 have hijacked your router or used any devious means to dump a logger in there.

I'm fairly certain that this is a generic text that goes out periodically in batches. Others on here have received the same text. That the text came so soon after requesting a code, personally I would put down to coincidence. 

I seriously don't think you have anything to worry about but let's see what others say in the morning. You could ask customer service if it would put your mind at ease but they would probably not have any answer for you. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I don't think O2 have hijacked your router or used any devious means to dump a logger in there.

I'm fairly certain that this is a generic text that goes out periodically in batches. Others on here have received the same text. That the text came so soon after requesting a code, personally I would put down to coincidence. 

I seriously don't think you have anything to worry about but let's see what others say in the morning. You could ask customer service if it would put your mind at ease but they would probably not have any answer for you. 

Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
@Anonymous Do you have a phone contract with O2?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:
@Anonymous Do you have a phone contract with O2?

Hopefully... if not then I would worry. 

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course, switched to O2 7 months ago.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yeah, as jonsie says, it’s just a generic text regarding the use of free o2 WiFi hotspots.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6