Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"30 days notice"

Wod
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey guys, so unfortunately the network is getting worse as time goes on. I'm not comfortable with 5mbps averages, stuck with no to poor signal on LTE and on 3.5G it seems they've simply not got the bandwidth to give me reasonable service. Infact I just had a text saying maintenance work complete and nothing has changes (this has happened a few times and find it patronising)

So as we know PAC codes expire in 30 days but they want 30 days of cancelling? My Contact ends 25/07/22 and so can I give them notice now that I intend to leave at the end of the contract? Then I can request a PAC code in less than 30 days from the end date knowing that it won't expire?

Seems a bit like entrapment asking for 30 days notice when PAC expires in 30 days or am I missing something?

The community here has been great though infact I think it's more useful than customer services since they're next to non existing with O2 I found. I realise now that Three were not all so bad after all!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10114 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@Wod 

You can request your PAC code and when you give it to the new network it will cancel your account with o2, and you will receive your final bill. 

Just text PAC to 65075 and you follow the instructions, and you dont need to speak to anyone ... bonus (unless it doesn't work).. 

Good Luck with your new network. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Wod
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply bud, so I don't need to give them 30 days notice?

Ie I can just request the PAC code 30 days or closer to my end date and then just instruct the new provider that I wish to join on said end date it just before?

Cheers, I think I'll grab an EE payg sim and test it first. I did so with O2 and everything was acceptable so I went ahead with the contract only to be left with a degrading network ✌🏼 

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Wod Your contract will be cancelled when you give the PAC to your new provider. Just be sure to leave your Direct Debit in place until you receive your final bill and you have nothing left to pay. Many people have been caught out and had credit rating issues because an incidental charge did not get settled at the end.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Wod
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Rodger that bud, I'll use the PAC code just before the end date and that way they'll be no additional charges, guess I'll loose out on a few days of service that I'll be paying for but better safe than sorry right 

Message 5 of 5