cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pulling hair out live chat is useless data problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

i upgraded  from a iphone to  galaxy 6 my problem is its the same data package etc  i never went over my allowance yet i had this not even a week and it used it all nearly  i cant understand why  i use wifi indoors  yet it had used it all nearly all live chat wanted to do was send me to check my allowance usage  whati wont to no is why it sused it all that quick i have the same apps as before asnd useing the same yet  it ate it all i had to turn it off  can someone help me

More info
More info

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Have you checked your usage via My O2? http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 You also need to check what apps you are running. If FB this will use a lot of data if not using Wifi....

You may need to check all of the usage by contacting customer services if you are sure you haven't used this amount  http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

You will best speaking to someone tomorrow and avoid live chat....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

but i had all these apps on my iphone same  data allownce so why is it any differant on this phone i dont understand it ?

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What tariff are you on?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
500MB data

4G ready

Unlimited texts

500 minutes
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Then if you say you aren't using any more than you did before it really seems weird that it has all gone now

I know some people would say 500MB isn't much but if it suited your needs previously there is no reason why it would be any different.

Hence my advice to contact customer services tomorrow early morning and ask them to look at your account.

How long have you had this S6?...and just for info what iPhone did you have previously?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
iphone 4s is what i had before the new phone which i had about 4 weeks now but it used all the data in the first 5 day s ?
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Then you have to contact customer services. You may be advised to increase your data tariff or buy a bolt on....but you do need some explanation as to why all your data was gone in 5 days.....

Apologies but honestly this is the best advice I can give ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
The difference being that the galaxy s6 will use far, far more data than iphone 4s.
A video for instance will download up to 2K resolution where the iPhone isn't even 720p that's over 6 times as much, likewise images will download and upload many, many times as much data from the same source.
In my honest opinion, for general use, the s6 needs 2gb MINIMUM data allowance comparative to the iPhone 4s 500mb.
Message 9 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can still look in settings to see which apps used the most data.
This will help us to advise you better.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10