cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with delivery

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,I have a problem order 2 days ago a mobile phone which should be delivered today and I still waiting.I've got the txt message about delivery time and supposed to be between 8.30-13.30 by UKMAIL, on their website it says that the phone was delivered and signed by the recipient, but it is impossible, because waited all day and even have left no card, I tried to get through to them and nothing, now do not know what to do.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ukmail are a fairly shocking company at times. As Stuart said give them another call if you have no luck in sorting the issue with them.

You'll have to get straight on the phone to O2 and report the loss/theft otherwise you will end up being billed and locked into the contract without a handset.

By any chance do one of your neighbours have it? Ukmail is infamous for leaving expensive items with neighbours.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call UKMail & ask them as once they have picked it up from O2 its UKMail problem

Message 2 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ukmail are a fairly shocking company at times. As Stuart said give them another call if you have no luck in sorting the issue with them.

You'll have to get straight on the phone to O2 and report the loss/theft otherwise you will end up being billed and locked into the contract without a handset.

By any chance do one of your neighbours have it? Ukmail is infamous for leaving expensive items with neighbours.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:

Yodel are the same or have they changed their name again

Message 4 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Yodel are a franchise aren't they? It's rather hit and miss with them but I believe they HO clamped down after the articles started appearing.
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
Yodel are a franchise aren't they? It's rather hit and miss with them but I believe they HO clamped down after the articles started appearing.

Never saw them down my way until the articles appeared, maybe people are receiving their parcels now

Message 6 of 14

Liss
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

UKMAIL are useless! This is the second time I've been waiting for this phone to be delivered and I don't hold out much hope as all I have found about them is bad. I had the same problem of being promised delivery between 8-12 tuesday so stayed in, only find out they had attempted delivery at 1130 and left a card. Where's the card? And why didn't I hear the bell? I sent them an email after not being able to get through to anyone on the phone but have still not heard anything back. 

ok rant over. Back to waiting..

Message 7 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Apparantly I've been told if the drivers are running behind schedual its not unknown for them lie about a few deliveries being "carded" so they can stay on time and collect the rewards for sticking with time frames.

Source:friend worked for them.
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

We replaced Yodel as our main courier for UKMail.

UKMail are, in my experience, usually very reliable and good at deliviering within the 2 hour window they give. Also, their support staff are pretty helpful so if you give them a call and give them your consignment number they can get in touch with the depot (or even driver if necessary) and see what's going on.

Message 9 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
It's a shame O2 cannot use DPD I've never had issues with them. They give an hour long slot and stick to it. Vital for me if I'm getting kit dropped off to a site. Every hour their late costs me money which I'm unlikely to be able to claim back from the client.
Message 10 of 14