Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pocket hotspot

AmberW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My new pocket hotspot arrived in Saturday. When I turn it on the signal icon is green (after the initial activation lights) but within 1min it turns red. I've tried using it in as many different places as I can but it's the same every Time. We have 3 o2 mobiles in the house and all 3 have good signal. Any ideas????
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Adnan
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

is it a pay and go hotspot or a pay monthly one?

a prepaid sim will need to be activated first, the instructions are normally in the sim packet itself

if it is a monthly one, you could try the sim in mobile and see if it picks up any signal as it should show signal in mobile if the sim is active 

also, if it is a monthly one, have you taken it on a shared data plan linked to one of your mobiles or a separate data plan?

signature

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

O2Adnan
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

is it a pay and go hotspot or a pay monthly one?

a prepaid sim will need to be activated first, the instructions are normally in the sim packet itself

if it is a monthly one, you could try the sim in mobile and see if it picks up any signal as it should show signal in mobile if the sim is active 

also, if it is a monthly one, have you taken it on a shared data plan linked to one of your mobiles or a separate data plan?

signature
Message 2 of 8

AmberW
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's a monthly one. The sim needed for the hotspot is bigger than my mobile - if I snap out the micro sim will it go back together? This is a new data plan.
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6974 Solutions

AmberW
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The sim works in a mobile and the mobile sim works in the hotspot. Going to try swapping them back now!!! Fingers crossed!
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6974 Solutions
Message 6 of 8

AmberW
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Whoop whoop!!! All sorted now!! Thank you!
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6974 Solutions
Message 8 of 8