cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone sim card activation

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought new phone Galaxy ,Ace  purple in Oct but have been here in spain before i bought it, had it sent over received today, but keeps saying no sim. It is in phone 02 says sims come activated? is it because I am abroad or because its such a long tiome since i bought it. has the Sim expired?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer  probably have to try and contact o2 by phone sorry ure freezing its not too bad here at the mo

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I don't think you can activate a O2 sim abroad.

How long are you in Spain for?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

here for another 8 months however back for xmas in 4 weeks might have to wait until then

Message 3 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry to say that:(

If the O2 sim hasn't been activated yet you might find the phone is unlocked so you can put a local sim in.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are we talking about a PAYG sim?

If you have a UK address and UK bank card/credit card then there is no reason I can see why you can not. I am sure you have to top up to activate a PAYG sim. ( can somebody confirm that?)

Message 5 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

You do have to top up to activate it but I'm pretty sure it would have to be on the uk network to finalise the sim activation.

Kinda like we can't unlock phones outside of the uk:(

(i could be wrong)

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

If she can not activate a O2 sim from Spain then something seriously wrong with telefonica/O2 lol

Message 7 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
preaching to the choir
Message 8 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A P&G sim is activated by topping up and can be done from Spain with a UK debit/credit card.

HOWEVER : if the sim isn't picking up any network then do not top it up. There is either a fault with the sim card or the phone, my guess would be the sim card. Either arrange another to be sent out by your family or wait until you come back to the UK.

Why are you in Spain and we are freezing over here!:smileysad:

Message 9 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Thank you jonsie:)

I was wrong:(
Message 10 of 14