Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not responding

loafer1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i upgraded my phone from a samsung galaxy 9 to a sony experia 5 2 days ago and now i can send a message to numbers but i cant call or recieve calls from them. i typed in setup at 02 and setup both my gmail accounts.  it works with bluetooth and i can use the internet plus i have downloaded my apps help please.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@loafer1 

Did you swap sim cards too?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@loafer1 I will tag @viridis who is our local Sony expert. Hopefully he can help you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Sounds more like a network/SIM issue rather than a phone issue as such. (I think Mi5 was leading along that route too)
If the SIM was swapped, it might be that the new SIM is still waiting for voice calls to be enabled, but it may be worth checking the O2 coverage map to see if a local mast is having issues.
To rule out the handset being at fault, try a different SIM from any network to see if they can use calling
Message 4 of 4