Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

phone broke lees than a year

hi my phone wont switch on or at least the screen has broke it just went when i was on o2 wap i cant find my reciept but i know the date i bought it from o2 shop will they be able to fix it or replace it for me without reciept i think i still have the box it came in. cheers
kev
Highlighted
Anonymous

Which phone is it? Most come with a two year warranty nowadays so you will be fine.
Highlighted
Anonymous

even if i dont have a recipt?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Did you register with them or did they log the handset when sold to you.

I would visit the shop where you purchased it from with everything you have and speak to the reps there.
Highlighted
Anonymous

yeah thats what i am going to do. i dont no if they logged it but i dont hold out much hope of them helping me out without recipte
Highlighted
Anonymous

The fone itself holds the information within it such as the imei number , software version it has, and the date of manufacture which they can pull up by simple codes punched into the keyboard.

This will show its under warranty.

Remember the warranty is attached to the handset and not the purchaser so if the issue is covered under the warranty terms and conditions then they have a duty of care.
Highlighted
Anonymous

i bought the phone less than a year ago but i dont no when it was manufactured so i dont no if that will work. its a sony ericcson c902