cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
my phone bill was due on the 10th I get paid on the 15th I've received a text saying there going to disconnect my phone? is this going to effect me using my phone after I've paid my bill
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Once you've paid your bill You won't have any problems but I suggest you call cs and ask to move the date of your DD until the 15th to avoid further problems.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Once you've paid your bill You won't have any problems but I suggest you call cs and ask to move the date of your DD until the 15th to avoid further problems.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes it will I'm afraid. You need to call them and explain. It's not simply a case of your phone being disconnected but the default on your credit file.

Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous  Adding to what the others have said, you will also have to pay a reconnection fee on top of what you owe for your bill.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous  Adding to what the others have said, you will also have to pay a reconnection fee on top of what you owe for your bill.

7. When we might bar or disconnect your SIM Card

1. 7.1 We can, at our discretion and without notice, bar your SIM Card from making calls (other than to the emergency services), sending messages or accessing data and/or disconnect it from the Network:
    (a) if you do not comply with your obligations under paragraph 6 or any of the events set out in paragraph 8.1 occur;
    (b) if the SIM Card is lost or stolen or if we reasonably believe there is fraudulent use of a payment card or your SIM Card;
    (c) if you are abusive, make threats, repeatedly cause a nuisance or annoyance or otherwise act illegally towards our staff or property, or that of our agents; or
    (d) If you do anything (or permit anyone else to do anything) which we reasonably think adversely impacts the Service to our other customers or may adversely affect our Network or reputation.
  2. 7.2 You may have to pay an unbarring charge and, if relevant, a reconnection charge if the Service is temporarily barred and/or your SIM Card is disconnected from the Network for the reasons stated above. As a condition of unbarring or reconnecting your Service we may require that you set up a direct debit authority for the payment of any future Charges.
  3. 7.3 If we bar your Service because you break this Agreement, the Agreement will still continue. You must pay all Charges until the Agreement is correctly ended under paragraph 8.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Certainly needs a call to CS to move the date of your DD... which will only be changed after you have settled the outstanding payment for this month.(All supposing you actually pay by direct debit as you don't actually mention that in your opening post?)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

If indeed there is a direct debit in place...

Yes as i have just added in my edit:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

If indeed there is a direct debit in place...

Yes as i have just added in my edit:smileywink:

Ah, posted at the same time....

Message 9 of 9