cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payments

Anonymous
Not applicable

the one thing good about 02 is the service  the bad thing is the custumer service  all the agents do is go on about terms and your contract i could not make a payment on time so i rang them to tell them that i could not make a payment on time but all i got was its in your terms so a 3.50 charge was put on i think this sinks 

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

The £3.50 charge is applied automatically  I'm afraid @Anonymous, when any payment is late by 6 or more days.

Working in the payment management team myself, I can assure you that we always do try our best to help in terms of delaying payments and keeping your services on wherever we are able to, however unfortuantely we do have to work within the business rules and sometimes our hands are tied based on these rules and the history on your account.

Apologies if it came across a bit that whoever you were talking to was simply reading from a script about the terms - we're not scripted in general as it can lead to a bad customer experience, but because we are an FCA regulated company there are certain notices which we need to give on every call particularly regarding late payments, default charges and anything which can have an impact on your credit file. We do try to cover this as quickly as possible, however as advisors and as a company we would be penalised if we didn't do this.

The charge aside, I hope you managed to get your issue resolved? 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Thing is when you take out a contract you are bound by the T's and C's of it. Maybe a cheaper one may have been the best for you. I know circumstances change but if you had contacted CS in good time they may have set up a payment plan for you. ......

I hope all is sorted soon

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

The £3.50 charge is applied automatically  I'm afraid @Anonymous, when any payment is late by 6 or more days.

Working in the payment management team myself, I can assure you that we always do try our best to help in terms of delaying payments and keeping your services on wherever we are able to, however unfortuantely we do have to work within the business rules and sometimes our hands are tied based on these rules and the history on your account.

Apologies if it came across a bit that whoever you were talking to was simply reading from a script about the terms - we're not scripted in general as it can lead to a bad customer experience, but because we are an FCA regulated company there are certain notices which we need to give on every call particularly regarding late payments, default charges and anything which can have an impact on your credit file. We do try to cover this as quickly as possible, however as advisors and as a company we would be penalised if we didn't do this.

The charge aside, I hope you managed to get your issue resolved? 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 3 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

other charges can be applied as well

late payment.PNG

Source http://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/other-numbers-and-charges

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Indeed it's all there. The main problem is people are so keen to take out a contract they rarely bother to read T&C's. A late payment fee is totally in order if no attempt has been made to resolve it with CS prior to bill payment date. A direct debit should be set up at contract start. This is a requirement by O2. If people choose to cancel DD and pay by other methods then I'm afraid this is where problems start...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try missing payments with other companies, some charge £24 or more for late payments....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wa10, searching the site to find if there is an alternative way to make a one off payment via post office/bank. Cant find any details anywhere! Online payment via card/bank not an option for this one time right now. (Nearest store is 20 miles away), Thanks if you have any answers.

Message 7 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Wa10 Just checking the screen shot says after 20 days so 6 days late not 4 as you state in your reply ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous

All ways to pay help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/td-p/874982

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent! Thank you MI5, much appreciated.
Message 10 of 14