Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment unsuccessful

anjiJG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi I've been having trouble making payments for the past few months, both online and over the phone... every time i try to make a payment i get told it was unsuccessful.... there is money in my bank... and i have contacted my bank, who say that they have NOT received a payment request from O2... a couple of my accounts are overdue because of this!!! i am trying daily to make payment to no avail!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@anjiJG 

You need to contact payment management.
Details here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
To pay bills, ask for payment extensions etc, you need to contact the Payment Management Team.
You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support
Best time to call is around 8.00am

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

anjiJG
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have already spoken with them, and they told me to contact my bank..... ive been sent in circles for the past couple of months, and playing hit and miss as to which of my accounts get paid...while the others are overdue

Message 3 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@anjiJG 

Having dealt with banks and card authorisations in a former life, what you need to do is speak to o2 and request a transaction trace. 

o2 will then go off to their payment provider and trace it through the authorisation and payment systems, this will prove where the problem is and 99.9999% of the time its the card issuer either timing out, or the bank sending back a fraud check or a status 10... 

This takes between 7 and 14 days and you need to give over your full PAN (card number to the agent).

What happens when you try and pay with an agent? 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

anjiJG
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have also tried paying with different cards, inc my partners cards also with no luck... so its not my bank thats the problem

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@anjiJG 
O2 have had a problem with their billing platform for a few days. We thought it was fixed but obviously it's not from all the people still having issues and posting on here.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

anjiJG
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive been having thos problem for the past few months though!!

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@anjiJG wrote:

Ive been having thos problem for the past few months though!!

Yes I know @anjiJG, I read your first post. I'm just mentioning about the recent problems over the past week or so. Have you thought of setting up a direct debit? It would certainly give you peace of mind regarding you payments. Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9