cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment help

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was late in paying due to an over sight on my part and was cut off, now all i want to do is pay the bill but HOW? I cant phone out not even to o2 so cant pay by phone and i cant find where to pay online. I have no other phone i can use to pay so does anyone have the link to pay my bill online?

Thanks
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an idea - I know the automated payment system does allow you to pay any amount to your account, not just the balance on the account. If you realised in advance you may have trouble paying a bill down the line maybe pay an amount to cover all the bill or a portion of it even before the bill is generated, in effect budgeting the payment.

Message 11 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123212 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just an idea - I know the automated payment system does allow you to pay any amount to your account, not just the balance on the account. If you realised in advance you may have trouble paying a bill down the line maybe pay an amount to cover all the bill or a portion of it even before the bill is generated, in effect budgeting the payment.

There is a problem with that....When people are struggling financially, they will not put anything toward a mobile phone bill....Money comes in.... and they use it for other things that they deem a priority.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

When people are struggling financially, they will not put anything toward a mobile phone bill....Money comes in.... and they use it for other things that they deem a priority.

I have to agree, I feel many of those on Pay Monthly should really be on Pay and Go which would avoid these problems.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123212 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

When people are struggling financially, they will not put anything toward a mobile phone bill....Money comes in.... and they use it for other things that they deem a priority.

I have to agree, I feel many of those on Pay Monthly should really be on Pay and Go which would avoid these problems.

I posted that purely on personal experience @perksie. My son lost his job and his situation changed dramatically. As a result he actually did change to PAYG. (he has remained on that to this day)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why can't O2 keep the customer direct debit in place & can only cancel as they should once they leave?

Sometimes people I think do this just so they can get a top end phone. Pay the first month or so then cancel the DD so they think they can pay whenever they want or they can change their bill date if needs be
Message 15 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

In my opinion there should be a penalty for cancelling a DD. ...maybe a bill for the full amount.

Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree @jonsie if they agree to pay then they should not default on the terms they've agreed to
Message 17 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

In my opinion there should be a penalty for cancelling a DD. ...maybe a bill for the full amount.

Seems a bit harsh but it would solve the problem.

Isn't there already a penalty charge for late payments?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 18 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Not that I'm aware of although the connection fee may possibly be considered one. ...

Message 19 of 19