cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying calls charged extra for early

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, recently used my phone to make a call I’ll be charged extra for.

The recent charges part of my o2 isn’t showing the charge for the call just yet, however when the charge appears can I pay it off using my card before my next bill date and still pay my device and air time by direct debit when my bill normally comes in on the 21st of March?

Just trying to work out my funds. February’s bill date is feb 21st being payed by DD on March 7th, would I be best to pay the extra charge early after March 7th and would that bring my feb to March bill back down to the normal rate? 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143470 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes you can.
Extra payments can be made at any time through your MyO2 or by calling customer service.
All you need to do is ensure they are at least 7 days prior to your direct debit coming out so that the system can process it with enough time.
All ways to pay here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/101...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Hi @Anonymous

I'm not sure if O2 systems will allow you to do that. I would suggest you contact Customer Services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus explaining that you would like to pay for this call separately from your airtime/device plan charges which are paid by DD and see what they say.

The best time to call is between 08:00-08:30.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum @Anonymous
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143470 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes you can.
Extra payments can be made at any time through your MyO2 or by calling customer service.
All you need to do is ensure they are at least 7 days prior to your direct debit coming out so that the system can process it with enough time.
All ways to pay here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/101...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, welcome to our forum! Please do let us know if you managed to do the payment ok in the end via My O2? Also let us know if you have any further questions the community could help you with. Hope you have a lovely weekend. slight_smile

Message 4 of 4