Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 6: Acolyte
Accepted Solution

payg account decreases by 1p

As the title says every hour 1p is taken from my account can anybody tell me why this happening I'm not worried about the money just like to what causing it
Anonymous

Re: payg account decreases by 1p

Are you using mobile data? Sending texts?

look in your myo2 to see what the charges are for or call customer service as we cannot access your account as we are all customers here

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Topics: 677

1p? thats an unusually small amount? £1 a day I can understand but not 1p.

Never heard of that before @captainprice

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 531
Solutions: 11,168

What tariff are you on?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

It's my back up phone and its the classic payg tariff @Anonymous no I'm not using data only wifi, I've never heard of just 1p being taken from anyone's account before

Turn off mobile data completely on phone as you are charged per mb on that tariff - I suspect an app is updating every hour in the background.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:

@MI5 funny enough it's only happened since I downloaded the my o2app going to take it off and see what happens if it doesn't go down then I know its the app and you were quite right as it must have been updating in the background
Anonymous

Good luck @captainprice & let us know what happens 

Just a quick update uninstalled the my o2 app last night and used the short codes to check balance this morning no money taken,re-installed the my o2 app this morning just checked using wifi not data still seems ok why it took the 1p every hour for 4 hrs I have no idea thanks for all your replies

What phone are you using @captainprice ?

Currently using: