cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay as you go query

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Just wondered if someone could offer some advice please. I use a o2 payasyougo sim in a gsm unit, it doesn't make voice calls but does send texts outbound. Far as I understood from O2 even if you have credit on the sim and the credit goes down via texts it will still be disabled for not making voice calls. Surely texts that are using credit should count as it would appear there is use on the sim....?

can anyone clarify on this as I had 2 different versions of texts only/no voice calls etc ?, just will be a pain if I have to contact customer services in 6 moths time to ask for reactivation even though there will be credit on the sim. I don't have easy access to the sim to just remove it and make a voice call from an old mobile so just appreciate some feed back. I don't want to change to contract as its over the top for my needs and the pay as you go option works perfectly.

Thanks

N

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
As long as you make a chargeable text or voice call every six months the sim should stay active

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
As long as you make a chargeable text or voice call every six months the sim should stay active
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks for that - as I explained I have been told texts do not count so I hope you are right slight_smile

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
They do count I know many people who do the same thing
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Receiving an in bound call will also do the trick as long as it is answered so the networks pick it up.
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

how would an inbound call apply?, surely the calling handset is paying for the call? cheers

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I must admit as far as I know you have to have a charge from the sim you are using be it a call or text
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I recall the inbound call marks the line as active. My mum had an o2 mobile for years never made a call but I rang it every few months from mine.
Message 8 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

well the payg T&C http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/on-pay-and-go-our-service-terms-are-worth-a-read no mention anymore of texts

say

7. Our Rights to Bar or Disconnect Your Mobile Phone

7.1. If you do not make or receive a chargeable call at least once in any 6 month period your Mobile Phone will be disconnected and you will lose any remaining credits balance on your Account. If you wish to be re-connected after this time you will be given a new Mobile Phone number.

@Toby can we get clarification of this as texts used to be in there from memory

Archived up to june 2013 says the same ? http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/mobile/on-pay-and-go-our-service-terms-are-worth-a-re...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's odd Adam as I know several people who keep it active with texts I think they must have missed it in the terms
Message 10 of 19