cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pac code

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont normally come in here so i dont know whether this has been covered or not, but i am so mad that its made my mind up for me, retention team dont work  weekends WOW, is that the craftiest move ever, so now i cannot move forward with my shopping for a new deal because i cannot even get a pac code untill monday morning, while i am at work i may add, in this day and age that move must surely be simply to make it harder (more awkward) for people to leave.

There now i feel better allready, goodbye 02, and im taking my broadband, landline and mobile with me.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It’s the first I’ve heard that they don’t work weekends.
How to get pac here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We're you told this by live chat? 

Of course they work weekends.

Call customer service and choose the option to leave.

Sometimes I just shake my head and wonder how they get away with it...... 

Message 3 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Numbers here if you want to call https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Open from 8am -8pm on Saturdays

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, thanks guys but I have followed M15s instructions to the letter, and got through to live chat agreed that you can get a pac at weekends, they provided the number which I rang, and Jimmy told me they ARE closed, I politely told him that I was getting conflicting information and was taking it further he asked me to wait while he double checked, he then came back and confirmed I cannot get a pac code till Monday, (would I like to book a call back).
Message 5 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Things must have changed recently and we’ve not been informed about it.
@Martin-O2 can you get some clarity please?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just a thought, if you are on contract? Call 202 and choose the option of “thinking of leaving” and see if they answer.
If so, that is the retention/ recontract team.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 23

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Just a thought, if you are on contract? Call 202 and choose the option of “thinking of leaving” and see if they answer.
If so, that is the retention/ recontract team.

That was what I said. I'll be very surprised if things have changed. Surely calling is the best option....? 

Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont suppose you guys are doing it on purpose, however I just get the feeling that no one believes me, perhaps that's because it really is such a bad idea.
Welcome to O2, someone will be with you soon.

info: You are through to AGENT:

AGENT: Hi my name is AGENT:, how may I help?

MARTIN: Hi AGENT:, 2 times today I have been on 02 live chat and requested a pac code, I have followed the advise given and called the numbers to be told that this cannot be done at the weekends, Jimmy in the call center went away and double checked (I have the transcripts) and confirmed in his word closed at weekends, everyone else is saying open so what is it. thanks

AGENT: In that case I would kindly request you to contact them on the weekdays.

MARTIN: Sorry that's not what I asked, I would like someone to clarify, is it possible to get a pac code at the weekend.

AGENT: The best team to confirm that would be our cancellations team who have already confirmed that it's closed at weekends.

AGENT: Their Opening times are Monday to Friday 09:00 - 18:00.

MARTIN: so why is the live chat giving out incorrect information,

AGENT: I'm sorry about the inconvenience. However, our voice support team is available, only PAC code's or cancellations is done from Monday to Friday 09:00 - 18:00.

AGENT: Would you like me to arrange a call back from them?

MARTIN: wow amazing, and disgraceful, but there you go, thanks for your help, I know its not your fault thanks.

info: martin has left the chat

Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
The above transcript, is from my 3rd live chat, when eventually someone informs me that pac code are not available at weekends. thanks.
Message 10 of 23