cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overseas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im new to o2. Will my phone automatically work in the usa or do I need to call them?
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You should call Customer Services on 202 if you are Pay Monthly and inform them. As you are a new customer you may not be provisioned for international travel yet, but you can call and check.

If you are able to use your phone in the US they will also tell you what your charges will be. If you can, try to avoid using data over there, as it will be very expensive. Try to find free WiFi if you can.

Depending on which phone you have, if it's available to you, download the Tu Go app. You will then be able to make calls and send texts using your UK allowance.

If you are planning on making calls within the US, try to get your phone unlocked. You could then use a local PAYG sim for calls and texts within the US, which will be much cheaper than using your O2 sim.

Have a good trip. slight_smile

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You should call Customer Services on 202 if you are Pay Monthly and inform them. As you are a new customer you may not be provisioned for international travel yet, but you can call and check.

If you are able to use your phone in the US they will also tell you what your charges will be. If you can, try to avoid using data over there, as it will be very expensive. Try to find free WiFi if you can.

Depending on which phone you have, if it's available to you, download the Tu Go app. You will then be able to make calls and send texts using your UK allowance.

If you are planning on making calls within the US, try to get your phone unlocked. You could then use a local PAYG sim for calls and texts within the US, which will be much cheaper than using your O2 sim.

Have a good trip. slight_smile

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2