Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overcharged

shellbell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I took out a new sim 13 March 2 weeks later got bill. I havent used the SIM at all. The monthly Bill should be £14.40 after discount instead it has come in at £21.36. Again only 2 weeks no usage. Ive been on hold for an hour and a half not managed to speak to anyone - chat isnt working. I know that things are very difficult but at a time where i find myself out of work I dont need the overcharge . Any suggestions how to get this resolved befor it comes out of my account. 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Kat
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Hi there

Your first bill will be worked out for a 6 week prorated period as you always pay for your service in advance. The discount will be applied to your second months bill so you will find your second bill will be adjusted to show this.

I hope that helps
signature

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Lots of help here @shellbell 

Payment date is 14 days from billing date so 1 month.

You are also charged for the first few days before the bill was produced. Next month will be at the agreed tariff.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@shellbell 

The first bill is always higher https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill

But it also sounds like you are on a discounted tariff which means you have to claim the cashback at set intervals (check your contract T&C's).

You will also have been charged from when you took the contract, not from when you start using it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

O2Kat
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Hi there

Your first bill will be worked out for a 6 week prorated period as you always pay for your service in advance. The discount will be applied to your second months bill so you will find your second bill will be adjusted to show this.

I hope that helps
signature
Message 4 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You would have been charged the monthly tariff whether the sim is used or not.
The first bill will also have an adjustment to get you into the normal monthly cycle.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 9

shellbell
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Ok I get it this makes sense to me now the billing dates didnt make sense but Ive printed my bill off and its clearer . Thanks for your reply

Message 6 of 9

shellbell
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for your reply
Message 7 of 9

shellbell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions