cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over 18 restriction

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not a **bleep** site it's an online shopping site and as such does not require an over 18 restriction. This is diverting traffic away from my business. Could you please remove. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife's website, about couples counselling services, is having the same problem with O2. No O2 users, unless they have 18+ filters lifted can see the website. It has no adult content so is wrongly categorised.

Unfortunately the link to the O2 website status checker no longer works. O2 doesn't seem to have a coherent process for reporting and correcting wrongly categorised websites. I tried reporting via chat and they said they couldn't do anything other than lift restrictions on my phone. They refered me to 202 to get the categorisation reviewed. However, when my wife contacted 202, they just offered to lift restrictions on her phone.

This seems to be a huge oversight on O2, who are wrongly denying access to their customers to potentially thousands of websites, and offering no redress to website owners. Sky, manage to have an incredibly efficient process for reporting wrongly blocked websites. They publish an email address, replied promptly and changed the categorisation with their third party provider, Symantec, within 2 days.

If anyone can offer some help with getting O2 to take the same approach I'd be so grateful.

Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
@Toby - any clues as to how to move this forward?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the O2 Community. I'm Toby, the community head. Please PM me any time and we can have a chat about how to investigate this for you!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Toby and to gmarkj for the referral.

It looks like this is now resolved and the site reclassified as 'health'.  Also the website checker has moved and is now at http://urlchecker18plus.o2.co.uk/   It wasn't working a few days ago but now is.

Cheers

Colin

Message 6 of 6