Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

our town has had problems for 8 months we need real help

As the titles says ,a lot of people in our town have experienced signal drop outs, calls failing and texts often delayed for days.
Individually we have all complained and not once have 02 admitted their is an issue.
thecarphonewarehouse have told me their was a theft of copper from a mast and have informed o2
We have started a facebook group to gather data, handset type, times of issues etc.
Inittially all problems seemed to linked to contract phones only, Tonight even my payg has no signal at all.
Who can I pass this information on to.?
When we call were are always told everything is fine
The list of reasons are always the same
Sim card
Take your battery out
I personally have had my sim changed twice and phone just back from repair today. still broken

We need help, please
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

Re: our town has had problems for 8 months we need real help

[ Edited ]

If you are not getting any where direct with customer care, then when you ring them ask to lodge a complaint with the network team and get a ref number and request a call back.
Also you could email o2. Email can be found in google.

Link: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN ... n=ref(User

):str(Mobile),CASE=13668
The above link is to email or write to o2 direct regarding your complaint or you can write to Ombudsman Services: Communications, again information on the above link.
Im affraid other than that, and if o2 dont sort it out is to swap networks and tell o2 why.
I really hope you get it sorted though

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Highlighted
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

http://bit.ly/ooDs2B should link correctly to complaints page
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Well my local o2 store admitted today they were looking into it.
one hour later the o2 status page shows a current problem in our town, that's the first time in 8 months. after chatting to an on-line advisor I was informed we could be compensated.
I hope this is really the mast fix we have been waiting for. But I have a feeling it wont Smiley Sad
Apparently the network team can go back and check an account and scan for times that a phone could not get a signal?
I mean is that even possible how could they tell the differencing between
Person A has handset off
Person B handset on but no signal?
Anonymous

Well my local o2 store admitted today they were looking into it.
one hour later the o2 status page shows a current problem in our town, that's the first time in 8 months. after chatting to an on-line advisor I was informed we could be compensated.
I hope this is really the mast fix we have been waiting for. But I have a feeling it wont Smiley Sad
Apparently the network team can go back and check an account and scan for times that a phone could not get a signal?
I mean is that even possible how could they tell the differencing between
Person A has handset off
Person B handset on but no signal?

It won't work like that unfortunately. You'll need to make a complaint to customer services and off the back of that will probably get a goodwill gesture such as a month's line rental credited to your account.
Now, you mentioned that the issue is currently on the network status page. I suggest you call and ask notes to be placed on your account confirming that you're currently experiencing signal issues. This way once it's sorted and you attempt to try and get compensation there are notes to back you up.
Anonymous

Sigh. I knew it was to good to be true, looks like we only be compensated for the downtime over the next day or two and not the previous eight months then .. ****
Anonymous

well after 8 months its magically fixed. funny how mass calling via a facebook group, making it public and emailing higer people in the company make things happen.
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,223

What a relief, glad you now have a phone that you can use. Just such a shame that it has taken 8 months to fix!
Anonymous

well the signal went off again on Friday and has not worked since,
I had snotty email from o2 saying as far they can see everything is ok, my usage is normal. they did not answer any of the questions put to them. All they offered is £7 pound discount which is disgusting.

Two online advisors arranged for Guaranteed call backs for Thursday and Friday. no calls received!
HOW CAN I CONTACT SOMEONE HIGHER?
Im at my wits ends spending 50 a month for phones I CANT USE.

sorry for the caps im stressed
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

http://bit.ly/ooDs2B should link correctly to complaints page

gives you how to complain higher after an 8 week stalemate you go to the onbsdman link works in my earlier reply
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services