cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only refresh available for existing customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it right that if I want to upgrade I have to pay £15 a month more to receive the same minutes, texts and data as my current tarrif (which I switched to on Nov 26th) to pay for the refresh product which I will never use? If so looks like EE will be getting new customers of myself, my family, so far 8 friends and their families
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems almost like a gift wink
Message 21 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Seems almost like a gift wink

I'm sure it does to those that cant or wont pay for a sim free handset.

Whistle

Message 22 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
M15 and Damien, I'm not putting down the refresh contract, I'm sure plenty of people will take advantage of it but for all those not desperate to always have the latest handset why make us pay.
All O2 customers on low income, the elderly etc will not want to pay the extra for a service which they don't want....
Message 23 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do I detect I hint of sarcasm Bob wink
Message 24 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
M15 and Damien, I'm not putting down the refresh contract, I'm sure plenty of people will take advantage of it but for all those not desperate to always have the latest handset why make us pay.
All O2 customers on low income, the elderly etc will not want to pay the extra for a service which they don't want....

Fair point.

Have you decided which way your going to go or are you going to have a think ?

Message 25 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Do I detect I hint of sarcasm Bob wink

Me...no....never......

Zipped

Message 26 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Agree completely mitch, which is why I pointed out that non refresh is still available elsewhere and on lower end phones directly from O2.

The "must have the latest now brigade" are well serviced by the high end phones on refresh...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I agree with that and it does look like looking at the shop there are still a fair few phones available on normal contract sorry if my reply came across in a way you thought I was pushing refresh
Message 28 of 39

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Let us know what you decide to do Mitch!

Lots of good advice here guys, nicely done
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 29 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes do let us know what you decide slight_smile
Message 30 of 39