Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

on iphone contract, sick of it can i change to blackberry

hi guys i was wondering if you could help me out, about 3 months ago i bought an iphone contract 40pounds a month with unlimited text bolt on for 18 months, being a previous blackberry user and realise that the iphone is not for me because the battery life simply isnt good enough as im busy and always out and miss the long duration of the blackberrys battery life but im confused if o2 would let me change to using a blackberry because obviously it would be useless me having a blackberry without email and all the other stuff included because it wont work without a "special" blackberry simcard fed up with the iphone and dont really know what to do obviously they wouldnt swap my iphone for a blackberry id probably have to buy a sim free or one thats locked to o2 any help would be great thanks Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Topics: 294
Kudos: 1,847
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

You signed an 18 month contract your only answer is to ring customer services as o2 do not post here.

Once you have the answer post back so others know the options.
iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

You can phone up and ask to be changed to a blackberry tariff, they don't have to do it but often enough the advisor should be ok with it. You would then just have to get a sim free blackberry.
Highlighted
Anonymous

thankyou thats what i want to do, im still waiting for a reply off customer services, i will let you know what happens
Highlighted
Anonymous

yes i was allowed to do this im now very glad i stayed with o 2 they were very helpful with me and i am now on a blackberry tariff loving my bberry 8900
Highlighted
Anonymous

Did they let you swap your iphone for a blackberry.
I too want to change my Iphone for a blackberry after seeing colleagues use it for email etc, seems more user friendly, and to type also.