Did you mean: 

old number

Deb68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All

i'm thinking of  changing my phone can i still keep my old number as its a pain changing numbers.

TIA

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Hi @Deb68 yes you can.

If the new phone you are buying uses the same size sim card you can just put your old sim in it and use the same number and tariff.

If upgrading your current contract your number will automatically transfer across anyway, but if you need a different size sim you can do a sim swap online at any time http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Hi @Deb68 yes you can.

If the new phone you are buying uses the same size sim card you can just put your old sim in it and use the same number and tariff.

If upgrading your current contract your number will automatically transfer across anyway, but if you need a different size sim you can do a sim swap online at any time http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Deb68 If you're intending to buy a new phone from O2, and have an O2 store nearby, we always suggest going in and buying it there. If you buy through the website, there's no guarantee that the phone you want will be in stock, as O2's stock reporting is not live and highly inaccurate. There are many posts here in the community to back that statement up, along with having to wait for delivery, which if you search the forum you will see is sometimes not straightforward.

If you can get to a store and they have what you want, you can walk out with your new phone. If the sim you have is the same as what you need for the new phone, they will install it for you right there. Or, should you need to swap sims, they will do that for you too. All in all, it's a much less stressful process.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Deb68, I hope the replies above answered your question slight_smile Please do let us know if you need any further help, and welcome to the forum!

Cheers @MI5@Cleoriff and @Bambino for the great info!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5