Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old number back again?

dcandersson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used to have a pay monthly account but let it lapse when I went abroad (owing O2 some money). This was back in 2013

I have just come back and I would like my old phone number back (I have now just paid off the money on the old bill!). 
Is there a way to do this?

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147401 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28316 Solutions

@Murfer wrote:

I was cut off yesterday and didn’t get a pac code. O2 are saying I can’t get the number back even if I opened up a new contract. Is this right?

@Murfer 

As it was only yesterday, it is possible to obtain a PAC for your number. You just need someone who cares enough to help you, so I'll ask @O2KyleW tonight or @O2Sarah- in the morning.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 32

Murfer
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I really need the original phone number so would be more than happy to open a new contract with O2 just to get my number back. Any help on this would be really appreciated as I’ve been onto O2 CS three times now for over 5 hours and I’m getting really conflicting answers from them.

Message 22 of 32

Murfer
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, @MI5 oh my god!!! that would be so great and really appreciated. What do you need from me to make this happen. 

Message 23 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 124436 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Murfer 

You need do nothing. The two advisors have been tagged to the post and one of them should answer. If not tonight then tomorrow morning. Expect a private message from either @O2KyleW or @O2Sarah- 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 32

Murfer
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much. If this can be fixed it will be great and save me a world of pain. Great community on here. Thanks again 

Message 25 of 32

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@Murfer I will send you a private message so we can look into this for you.

Message 26 of 32

RyanCFC
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello guys,

I'm having a similar issue on an old number used for verification I have called O2 but nothing has happened as of yet - is anyone able to help me? I can’t access my Apple ID and I’m unable to contact an unwell relative because I have no numbers…

Would be much appreciated 

Message 27 of 32

Ace01
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,  I had my o2 pay as you go deactivated  a while ago, but the sim still seems to be deactivate when I ring it. I hope my number is still available and I am able to get a new sim with my old number back. Any help would be appreciated

Message 28 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 124436 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Ace01 

No-one here can help I'm afraid. You need to call O2 on 4445 or 0344 809 222 (PAYG)

Or you can message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), hopefully they should be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 32

Ace01
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for helping. I have sent them a message on all social media on Thursday, but I have not received a response yet. How long do they usually take?

Message 30 of 32