Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 - worse than the thieves that stole my phone

Thanks o2! After being mugged and having my phone, wallet and passport stolen on a recent holiday to Barcelona, I have just been told by those helpful souls in your customer service dept that I have to pay for all the premium rate international calls made from my handset by the thieves before I had the chance to get it blocked.

To make me feel better, the charming customer service droid patronised me by explaining that it’s my responsibility to not get my phone stolen. Great advice! Thanks again.

Several loyal years and a few thousand pounds spent by me as a customer seem to mean nothing to you o2. Rather than waive the cost of the calls you were happy to point me in the direction of the cancellation team to close my account early. Sadly, the cost of doing this outweighed the cost of the calls made to I have no choice but to remain an unhappy customer.

As soon as this contract ends, o2, I’m gone...
Highlighted
Anonymous

Not what you want to hear but it is your responsibility. This is what insurance is for, did you not take this out? How about seeing if by any chance you're covered on your holiday insurance?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Not what you want to hear but it is your responsibility. This is what insurance is for, did you not take this out? How about seeing if by any chance you're covered on your holiday insurance?

yup and o2 insurance would have A. covered the cost of the calls and B. depending on the insurance type sent a new phone out to you (whilst abroad)
that extra £5 a month for insurance doesnt seem so bad now does it...
Highlighted
Anonymous

My current insurance covers the phone but not calls.

How much is o2 insurance and do they replace lost handsets as well as stolen?
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Check it out here:

http://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phoneinsurance
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

I would want the Premier and it's simply too expensive.
Highlighted
Anonymous

No, not what I wanted to hear and particularly annoying considering I have a crime report from the Police that details the incident. My bank and credit card companies have reimbursed me for all transactions that took place after the theft, I don't see why o2 shouldn't do the same.
Highlighted
Anonymous

No, not what I wanted to hear and particularly annoying considering I have a crime report from the Police that details the incident. My bank and credit card companies have reimbursed me for all transactions that took place after the theft, I don't see why o2 shouldn't do the same.

because most banks will do some kind of card insurance, depending on what type of account and what bank etc. End of the day it is YOUR responsability, not o2's, they DO offer an insurance policy to cover things like this but if YOU turn that down then the only one to blame is your-self
Highlighted
Anonymous

Back in your box, elom.

I didn't have card protection, the banks are simply being more reasonable than o2.
Highlighted
Anonymous

"I have just been told by those helpful souls in your customer service dept that I have to pay for all the premium rate international calls made from my handset by the thieves before I had the chance to get it blocked"

1. How many hours or days did it take you to cancel it?
2. What were the charges at the end?