cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 won’t accept my card, is this stopping me getting a second line?

K2580
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I’ve come here to ask for any help/opinions I can get! So, first of all, until about four months ago I haven’t been able to use my card on the o2 website or the automated line. I have contacted my bank to see if they are blocking o2 from authorising any payments and they’ve said it’s not a problem their end. I also tried paying my bill through the automated line and it still won’t accept my card. It’s a Lloyds card so really shouldn’t be any problems, and when I last spoke to customer services they said their was no issue with their online payment system, any idea how I can resolve this?

Also, I was looking at adding an Apple Watch for my iPhone 12 Max which I upgraded too three months a go and have been declined, could this be related to the o2 website rejecting my card as you have to enter your details when applying for the watch?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@Bambino  Thanks for the tag,

@K2580  I will send you a private message

signature

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@K2580 

A common issue with the O2 website and often attributed to entering the card details differently to how the website expects them.

For example, the card expiry date should be in a 6 digit format, ie, 08/2021

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@K2580 I will tag one of the O2 online advisors to see if they can assist you, but she won't be on until 8 am.

@O2Georgina can you help?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@Bambino  Thanks for the tag,

@K2580  I will send you a private message

signature
Message 4 of 7

Silk
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you please share the solution, I'm having the same issue. Cannot pay my device plan because my cards are not accepted, and I can't add a new card either. 

Message 5 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Silk 

No need to post to a 2 1/2 year old thread..

You will need to call up, if the website is not accepting the card, as they can take payment.. 

If you call 0800 902 0217 they can take the payment..  This is why we always recommend paying by Direct Debit as per the terms of the CCA you signed

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 7

Silk
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I do pay by debit, I pay monthly via debit but O2 are not accepting the very same card to pay off what's left of my device plan for an upgrade. I've tried over the phone and on web and it fails every time. Contacted the bank as well and they've said it's not an issue with them. 

Message 7 of 7