Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 upgrade from iphone 3 to 5 - no 3g estimate 10 days to fix? Poor poor poor

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I upgraded to iphone5 last week at o2 shop

They told me the old phone would go off & the new one come on shortly after

The old iphone went off within minutes but the 5 didn't get a service.

Next day still no service so called to be told there are tech issues & it should be on in up to 24 hours. A little over this & it came on, but no 3g, no internet or email, no siri, no mms 😞

I was told to keep switching the phone on & off

I tried all the settings checks on the o2 website

4 days later still no 3g & hearing others reporting the same

Called the shop & told them I had done all the checks but he went through them all again.

He then said he would call o2 help & check my account, he called back to say my account is all set up fine. Told me to do a full restore of the phone & remove sim card. - Still the same so I called o2 myself to be told Oh your account settings are all wrong & its a common issue, we will fill out a form to get the settings altered but this has a response time of 5 days !! 

I use this for business emails

As its virtually new I assume I am within my rights to return it & cancel the contract

Very poor service

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I drove from Liverpool to Milton Keynes - no 3g
The helpline admitted on the phone that they had messed up my account settings but the solution (altering them) had a 5 day turnaround. However my salesperson this morning took on the problem & had them sort it out & the 3g now works slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes you can cancel within 7 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
However I wonder if the 3G has issues in your area swapping to another network may not solve the problem. A fair few carriers use the same towers might be a common fault for the area:/
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I drove from Liverpool to Milton Keynes - no 3g
The helpline admitted on the phone that they had messed up my account settings but the solution (altering them) had a 5 day turnaround. However my salesperson this morning took on the problem & had them sort it out & the 3g now works slight_smile
Message 4 of 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Wierd didn't know 3G could be turned off like that:/ congrats though glad it's working:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Excellent news wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6