cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 toke payment from my account twice!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm just having a few problems figuring out as to why o2 has toke their money from me twice. I had made my payment for my bill and they had accepted it but then 2 days later they toke the same amount of me and I'm not sure what for? I gave them the money for the bill so not sure why they toke it of me again?

Any help with this I would be really grateful!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry but this is a customer to customer forum and we have no access to your account. If you have been billed twice you need to contact customer services and query why this is...We could only guess and could be wrong

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Try phoning them on the numbers in this link about 8.30am in the morning... Best time to get through

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Even if a manual payment is made, if the request for direct debit has already been issued to the bank they will still pay it.
The best time span is 4 days minimum before due date but even then it still might have been requested.

If both payments were paid using direct debit, be sure to check it wasn't in fact the two payments due as per refresh contracts, one for device, one for Airtime.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you had a DD in place you should have just left it to pay the bill.
Making a manual payment less than 6 days in advance of the DD will still result in the DD being processed and hence your double payment.
However, this will now be showing as a credit in your My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 which means you won't have to pay next month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4