cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 strike a deal with....... The Sun

Anonymous
Not applicable

So 02 have made a deal with the Sun+ to provide services to those signing up on the 4g contract.

I really hope o2 understand what they have done, I for one will not have anything to do with that newspaper or any services they provide and will be leaving o2 very shortly.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
They've done themselves zero favours here in Liverpool. Don't know an o3 customer who isn't leaving at the end of their contract. Those not bothered by the price rises are very bothered by O2 associating themselves with the sun.

I was planning on cancelling because of the price rises but this was the final straw for me. I paid off my contract yesterday.
Message 31 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

The Sun newspaper (and esp it's content) has no place in today's society.

It's a major PR gaff from O2 and I'd be surprised if heads didn't roll over it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi cathmary

Excellent post. I won't lie I get the Sun and the Mail at weekends only.

As mentioned earlier I struggled today with the whole front page being about a footballer and his alleged sexual misconduct. Must be a quiet news week lol.

Other than that I know some like and some dislike but you do quote so well known organisations. I don't plan to change my choice of weekend paper based on other people's opinions (valid as they may be) but I also have no intention of buying the Sun daily. I am also disturbed by its use of alleged sexual mischievous behaviors as a front page story. Now THAT might make me think twice.

As for o2 I have already made my mind up to leave but sadly I am stuck with the price rise, rubbish signal and awful customer services for another year and a quarter but at least I get a huge discount because of the signal issues (not the price rise)
Message 33 of 37

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Whilst I agree with the sentiments expressed on here and would never buy the Sun on principle, many big name companies are associated with unsavoury trades and practices if you are to believe everything you read nowadays.

Should people boycott the big sporting brandsgiven the links to the child labour factories producing some of their ranges.

Unfortunately my principles have to take second place as the best signal in my area is provided by O2.

Don't get me wrong I abhor the link up with a newsrag such as the Sun whose only fit place is hung on a piece of string inside a pub lavatory.
Message 34 of 37

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Don't get me wrong I abhor the link up with a newsrag such as the Sun whose only fit place is hung on a piece of string inside a pub lavatory.

It'll be interesting to see how much from The Sun is banned by the O2 Age Verification?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 35 of 37

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Piperdog, I think it's not really your choice of newspaper so much as my choice not to contribute anything to the Sun at all, albeit indirectly. That is my reason for leaving O2. I chose not to touch the Sun with a barge pole. I would not want my daughters to think that standing in their underpants is a valid or interesting career choice and therefore I avoid it like the plague. I think its behaviour after the Hillsborough disaster when people were grieving for loved ones was reprehensible and I couldn't bear looking at the grief on the faces of the parents of Milly Dowler as they attended the phone hacking enquiries of News International.

I am annoyed therefore that O2 is using some of my money to strike a deal with it. I choose not to contribute anything to it, yet find I am doing so indirectly. I also wonder, given the young age of many O2 users, how they will get round the soft **bleep** daily element of the Sun. O2 still don't seem to have given an answer to that particular question.

Message 37 of 37