cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 strike a deal with....... The Sun

Anonymous
Not applicable

So 02 have made a deal with the Sun+ to provide services to those signing up on the 4g contract.

I really hope o2 understand what they have done, I for one will not have anything to do with that newspaper or any services they provide and will be leaving o2 very shortly.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That applies to the prices of tariffs for new & upgrading customers, not the promotions or even personally negotiated discounts wink
When a current customer upgrades they will be offered it, if they want it....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Snap

Right back at ya wink

Message 12 of 37

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So 02 have made a deal with the Sun+ to provide services to those signing up on the 4g contract.

I really hope o2 understand what they have done, I for one will not have anything to do with that newspaper or any services they provide and will be leaving o2 very shortly.

Strange opinion, this service won't be compulsory.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 37

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There are still some very strong anti Sun Newspaper feelings in certain parts of the country 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's also a bit of a kick in the teeth O2 say they need to put our prices up then waste money on crap like this
Message 15 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bet their 4G in Liverpool hits a new low!
Message 16 of 37

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Bet their 4G in Liverpool hits a new low!

Precisely 😞

Currently using:
Message 17 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the upside. The speeds will be remarkable!

Message 18 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not from Liverpool - but yeah, thats the Major issue for me, there is a lot of anti Sun sentiment around the NW.

There are so many other reasons (imo) to dislike the Sun, the one that stands out the most for me in relation to the o2 deal is the Phone Hacking scandal - The Sun was included as one of the thirty....  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_International_phone_hacking_scandal_reference_lists#Publications_m...

A part of the former News international (ahem *news of the world*), I cannot be the only one that finds it really odd that o2 have signed up with them.

25th of hillsborough coming up, Phone hacking in court (and in the press daily) and o2 team up with The Sun - you just couldn't make it up.

Message 19 of 37

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Perhaps we should avoid Japanese cars too, have you any idea how they treated the surrendering allied soldiers in the Pacific Islands?

You can't go on hating forever and you can't blame the entire staff of the Sun for what happened 25 years ago when many of them didn't even work there!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 20 of 37