o2 roaming

grantmc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

just back from germany on holiday

is o2 roaming really that bad dead slow and stop

did phone whilst on holiday  did a reset and am waiting phone call from operator to see if it worked 

no it didnt 

thats nearly 2 weeks i have been waiting for call back 

complained before about this 2 years ago, after holiday , and was told should have called whilst on holiday 

and the difference it makes is ?

its a good job campsites now seem to be catching on to free wifi as it would have meant paying for hotspots wifi as o2 roaming does seem a waste of time

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Your own testing would suggest that it's not yet fixed.
Probably will be after the holiday season though....... wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

Smithy
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can concur that 4g definitely isn’t fixed in Germany currently. I been all around Munich and Augsburg over the last 2 weeks on business and speeds on 4g even with 5 bars of reception was between zero and maybe peaking at ‘utterly attrocious’. 

I pay a significant monthly bill for my service (and used to happily pay the old £2 a day for european roaming data in the past) and would expect any problems witha network to be fixed quickly. 

The phone is used for business and as such whilst 3g was working it made the training courses I was giving barely workable ..... not acceptable!!

Message 12 of 13

grantmc
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

dont expect any help from o2 

2 years ago had the same problem and waited until we came home to report 

was told by o2 rep that should have called whilst i was there. Told him i was on holiday and would have thought that roaming should have been sotrted out and didnt want to waste my holiday time, he didnt like that 

But this time did phone advised to do a network reset , which was of no use 

copied from email reply from o2 

We’re only responsible for our network and the service we provide whilst in the UK. Once you’re outside of the UK, you’re no longer connected to the O2 network and we wouldn’t be able to investigation any problems with the level of coverage you’re receiving. If you’re regularly experiencing service issues in a particular area, then its possible there’s a problem with the local network and I’m sorry, but we wouldn’t be able to help resolve this for you.

so o2 doesnt speak to o2.de

Message 13 of 13