Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 network gone wrong

whats happening to this network.. for over 3 weeks on and off when trying to ring anybody its saying network busy or no network.? and also when trying to sent mms messages..!! come on o2 get it sorted..!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 network gone wrong

you need to contact Customer Service and report a possible network fault.
they will ask you to do some diagnostics so it will save some time if you can do the steps below before calling:

* have you tried turning your phone off and back on? (take your sim out and give it a clean with a soft cloth while you do this)
* try your sim in another handset (do you still have the problem?)
* try another sim in your handset (do you still have the problem?)
* does your phone work in any other areas (ideally 5 miles or more away)
* what service are affected (voice, text, mms)
* what tones/announcements do you hear? (e.g. 3 beeps / "unable to connect your call")
* is anyone else experiencing the same issue in your area?

This will help Customer Service identify if the fault is with the phone, the sim or with the network and take the appropriate course of action for you.
Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 network gone wrong

tried all of the above and its happening to all my other friends as well, i've been right next to the person when i've rang them and its saying the same thing, network busy or no network.? took me 4 hours for a mms to download yesterday and been having loads of trouble sending sms as well.? but yet my mate whos at the bottom of cornwall can get through to me no problem so i think it is to do with the network in our area but what gets me is its been going on for over 3 weeks now and if o2 are doing some kind of maintenance work why the hell cant they just send a simple text telling us.??? which leads me to say why should we spend money on phoning o2 customer service.? ok you might say "tight wad" BUT.... if i no 20 people that is having the same problem here.... how many over the country is doing the same..!! beleive me mate them 25 pence do add up..!!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 network gone wrong

I think you were told that it could be a network fault - probably your local cell. That's why your mate down the bottom of Cornwall can get through.

It is obviously not countrywide or this forum would be buzzing.

There are faults that can happen to a cell which do not show up on any central control and the only way a network can know about them is if people report it.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

o2 network gone wrong

You could report it by email. Smiley Indifferent
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 network gone wrong

i've emailed them so i'l just wait for the reply..??
Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 network gone wrong

i've emailed them so i'l just wait for the reply..??

Hopefully you included all the details that Grawly mentioned? Otherwise you will probably be asked for them again.
Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 network gone wrong

yep i told them but haven't heard anything back as yet and still having problems..?
Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 network gone wrong

I don't think you will hear from them until tomorrow or monday. Bear in mind they will have to investigate.
Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 network gone wrong

i thought they were quick to solve problems cos once i email them about my numbers not been updated and they emailed, phoned and had it sorted within a couple of hours and that were a weekend but i aint heard owt still as yet..?