on 15-01-2010 16:56
on 15-01-2010 20:00
they will ask you to do some diagnostics so it will save some time if you can do the steps below before calling:
* have you tried turning your phone off and back on? (take your sim out and give it a clean with a soft cloth while you do this)
* try your sim in another handset (do you still have the problem?)
* try another sim in your handset (do you still have the problem?)
* does your phone work in any other areas (ideally 5 miles or more away)
* what service are affected (voice, text, mms)
* what tones/announcements do you hear? (e.g. 3 beeps / "unable to connect your call")
* is anyone else experiencing the same issue in your area?
This will help Customer Service identify if the fault is with the phone, the sim or with the network and take the appropriate course of action for you.
on 16-01-2010 11:57
on 16-01-2010 12:27
It is obviously not countrywide or this forum would be buzzing.
There are faults that can happen to a cell which do not show up on any central control and the only way a network can know about them is if people report it.
on 16-01-2010 20:25