cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 lost my phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few months ago I sent a phone in for repair analysis, but as I had a spare phone I could put my sim in, I soon forgot about it. Now I'm trying to get my phone back but the store that sent it away has closed down, apparently the other stores can't see their old info because the way the data is stored, the people at o2 insurance say they can't help as they can't track my phone by its number, as do customer services. Has anyone had a problem like this? The company seem completely unconcerned and nobody seems able to help me, any advice appreciated. Many Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous When you sent the phone in for repair did you receive any documentation at all? A receipt of posting or anything from the store?. Someone has a record on their system I would hope. (Although I do know there have been problems with tracking repairs as posted on here today)

If you cant get O2 to chase it up for you then I would make a complaint here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cleoriff thanks for your reply, not that I can remember although it was a while ago. I kinda assumed it was in safe hands and that the systems for keeping track of and distributing this information would be sensible. Will follow up on that link thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No problems... I hope it gets sorted...(Welcome to the forum by the way) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
When was it exactly you left it at the store?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous Have you had any joy tracking down your phone? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6