cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 fail to deliver

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered an iphone 4s on Monday 25/10. Showing as in stock on the website, and opted for a Friday delivery from the options. Took a day off work. Late afternoon, made a call to 202 and was told the phone had been out of stock 'since Wednesday'. So, presumably, 02 fills orders on a next day basis, and should you have ordered much is advance it's pot luck if you take a delivery of an item.

Didn't get much by way of an apology, and when I pointed out that it was still saying in stock on the website I received a nonplussed answer.

I would choose to have it delivered to my local store instead, only they never pick up the phone. So I'm left with the option of either ordering again, taking another day off work in the hope that o2 fulfil their agreement; or keeping traipsing to the local store to see if they have a phone in stock.

Quite simply, poor poor service.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
This appears to happen quite a lot not good 😞
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

The iPhone 4S has been out quite a long time so I'm surprised they are having supply issues. 😞

Maybe speak to O2 on 202 or From a landline 0844 809 0202 > 5p / min to ask for the handset to be delivered to your local O2 store.

You can if you wish compile a complaint here.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I orderd a phone for next day which was ment to be 1130am according to UKMAIL,   they text that to me then 5 min later another text saying driver is running late,   I waited till 6pm and rang them and was told your phone will definitely be there before 8pm,  8pm came and went and nothing,  they close at 7pm so i cant call them........   So i called 02 who told me they want me to call them in the morning.
Kinda thinking if o2 cant deliver a phone by a trusted company i may want to chencge to aqnother service,  this is not a good start 
Worst thing is there hub is only 2 min away from my home, 

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  Welcome to the forum...

Sorry to hear about this non delivery of your phone.

Until you receive that phone it is O2's sole responsibility to ensure it is delivered. So it should be O2 who are chasing UK Mail, not yourself. UK mail often make promises that they fail to follow through

So I would ring O2 back and insist they chase up the delivery with UK Mail. ...

Do not use live chat for this ...ring Customer Services)

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

EDIT: I see you have edited your post to say that the UK mail hub is 2 minutes away from your house?...Then it's up to you as to whether you want to take a trip to the hub with the tracking number?

My advice remains fact though..this is NOT your job to track down the phone.It is O2's responsibility. I can only advise you accordingly  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

not my job to do there job and finish a divery they could have done on there way home lol

uk mail said they failed to deliver due to not being able to locate  me,  im on same estate, even tho they never said this when i rang.

they then said when i got my gf to ring it was attempted at 12 but nobody home....no card left ? and no mention of this when i rang ..
they said they will redeliver on monday,  im gona ring and collect myself and actually complete a job it seems they cant do,

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

This is an extremely common excuse given by UK Mail re their failure to deliver..."ie we tried and no-one home"

We see it all the time on here and an obvious lie when people have stayed in all day!!

Hope you get your phone soon...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
And this is why I generally have things like this delivered to my work cos then there is no excuse. But it shouldn't have to be that way
Message 8 of 8