Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 data only sim pay monthly cost over included data

la7
Level 4: Observant
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all what happens on a pay monthly data only sim https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=other&contractLength=P30D when you use all the included data example if you have 15gb of data and you go over it does it stop or is it slowed down or are you charge per mb or does it stop and you need to buy a data add-on and then if this is the case how much are the data add ons for a data only sim,

Many thanks

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @la7 It should stop once it's all used. You would need to buy an additional data only bolt on...All prices shown here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariffs/bolt-ons/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @la7 It should stop once it's all used. You would need to buy an additional data only bolt on...All prices shown here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariffs/bolt-ons/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

MI5
  • 144186 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Your MyO2 will give you all the bolt on options and prices applicable to your tariff
http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 21

la7
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there thanks for the link but those are for phone sims nothing on the site about data only sims

Message 4 of 21

la7
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will have a look when the sim turns up but does the sim definitely stops when you hit the included data is no info on the site searched high and low,

Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 144186 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
We are told yes,for sure,data just stops when used.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 21

la7
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks i will test the sim this month when it turns up and post back and let you know what happens, Is there a way to check data use age a url you can go to to check it that shows data usage cheers

Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 144186 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
www.mbb.o2.co.uk I think is where you go to check and top up but you should be able to bring it into your Myo2 once you have it registered so you can check allowances like any other contract.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 21

la7
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there any documents or web page that show this as its odd i can not find any thing on the o2 website

Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 144186 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@la7 wrote:

Is there any documents or web page that show this as its odd i can not find any thing on the o2 website

Web pages to show what exactly mate?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21