cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 customer services

Anonymous
Not applicable
I lost service at 14.30 today
O2 said it wasnt the network and after playing about with my settings they said my phone neefed to be repaired.
My friends phones have lost network but o2 customer services wouldnt listen to me.
I phoned them again at 19.00 and got the same attitude. It wasnt o2.
I went online to report the fault via a chat window. The rep said it wasnt o2. Then after 5 minutes the rep said it was probably maintenance!!!
And the o2 website still said no outages
Im never getting another o2 contract
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hahaha. I rebooted the phone. Battery pull. Wiped the sim card. Just out of curiosity.
No network
3 other phones in my household dont have coverage either.
Seriously. Whats the point of o2 having support phone numbers... online chat support too... people that just fob me off with misinformation?
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Totally understand your frustration.

We've all been there with outages.
😞

It does look like that many across the Uk are suffering from Congestion of the masts as O2 upgrade their network structure which I'm afraid theirs not much an end user can do about at their end.
😞

Look at this generic self help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev... and also download the MYNETWORK App so you can report the masts.

Online Live Chat are non uk Call Centres who are ok for low level general enquiries. We always suggest speaking to Uk Customer Services via 202 for Pay Monthly or 4445 for Payg.

You can put your feelings official here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

I hope this clears for you ASAP.
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Again.... for the last time...
The thread title is customer services NOT outages.
Customer services are supposed to be for support
They had me doing a battery pull. Changing my phone settings and told me to take my phone to be fixed when it was a network issue and they didnt know it was a network issue
Why not?
Why didnt they know?
Ive got my own solution
Im not renewing my contract in a few months. Ive been with o2 for a long time and need a company that gives the support theyre supposed to. Please dont make this out to be about the outage.
So sick of o2s incompetence
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you get sorted.

I'm not making it out to be anything.

Remember your not taking to anyone official from o2 here but customers like you.

Official answers will only come from you continuing to contact O2.
Message 14 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

One of the problems is that O2 customer service have no direct contact or information from the network service team and would have to rely on the service status page to which we all refer. Surely some form of liason should exist whereby customer service would be notified if a mast became faulty?

To advise a faulty phone without first checking their service seems negligent and you would have thought that a number of people in the same area reporting issues would flag up and bulletins issued to advisers irrespective of the delay in the network team updating their pages.

Much easier to say faulty phone, next customer please.

Message 15 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous  you have every right to be 'totally miffed' (and outraged if honest).

However as BoB and jonsie have said, this is a customer to customer forum and we have no ability to help you with your problem other than sympathise and point you in the right direction for support

I hope you get it sorted soon and hopefully are able to change to a network that gives you what you need ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 16