Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 credit check for simplicity.... a disgrace

they are asking me for 2 proof of id and one for address....

i am on electoral roll... my credit rating is highest it can be cause i have creditexpert

no outstanding debts, mortgage free............have 3 contracts in my name , 2 on virgin and one on orange for my siblings.................. never defaulted anything in my life.....

have £40k available on cards nothing outstanding :robotmad:

i could walk into a garage tomorrow and buy a £50 k car on finance yet getting hassle over a £20 30 day contract sim only..... should really tell them to shove it where the sun aint shine.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Re: o2 credit check for simplicity.... a disgrace

they are asking me for 2 proof of id and one for address....
i am on electoral roll... my credit rating is highest it can be cause i have creditexpert
no outstanding debts, mortgage free............have 3 contracts in my name , 2 on virgin and one on orange for my siblings.................. never defaulted anything in my life.....
have £40k available on cards nothing outstanding :robotmad:
i could walk into a garage tomorrow and buy a £50 k car on finance yet getting hassle over a £20 30 day contract sim only..... should really tell them to shove it where the sun aint shine.

What a strange attitude.

Have you not heard of "Identity Theft"?

These checks are done as much to protect you as anything else.

Suppose someone walked into a garage, bought that £50k car and you were saddled with the repayments. I think you would be wondering why these checks had not been made.

Paying to belong to Credit Expert means little, as this is available to anyone who chooses to pay for it.

All they will do is help you to untangle the mess left behind.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Please use the search facility on the forum. This has been discussed many times about why you can't get a contract.
I take it you walked into an O2 store rather than ordering online?

no i ordered online
Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 are a complete joke

My credit is perfect, not too many searches, no ccj's plenty of settled accounts, no defaults not too much credit, my credit record too is the highest it could be, and I was declined for an 18 month contract and I know o2 are offering sim only to those that are declined on 18 month contracts, I didn't get that

when i've spoken to credit referrals they just read from scripts saying they can't tell me why i've been declined, I don't want to know why, I want to know why with perfect credit they're declining me and plenty of other people too, o2 have out of date procedures, trying to get answers out of anyone is a joke.

I know 02 have to protect their revenues and to prevent bad debt but I just wish their procedures were a little more clear or open to human intervention
Highlighted
Anonymous

o2 are a complete joke
My credit is perfect, not too many searches, no ccj's plenty of settled accounts, no defaults not too much credit, my credit record too is the highest it could be, and I was declined for an 18 month contract and I know o2 are offering sim only to those that are declined on 18 month contracts, I didn't get that
when i've spoken to credit referrals they just read from scripts saying they can't tell me why i've been declined, I don't want to know why, I want to know why with perfect credit they're declining me and plenty of other people too, o2 have out of date procedures, trying to get answers out of anyone is a joke.
I know 02 have to protect their revenues and to prevent bad debt but I just wish their procedures were a little more clear or open to human intervention

lol it is.

And the refferals team don't read from scrips its just that there is one answer to your question, its more than likely the reason you got declined they wont know, they can't be told why, the system just decides it. The credit score will come out in different ways such as yes, yes but moderate risk, yes but high risk and ask for deposit or no.

Its all well and good saying your credit is perfect but it mustn't be if you were declined.
Highlighted
Anonymous

having too much credit like 40k available on cards is not always a good thing. its something i ready on money saving expert website. creditters are more likely to decline you credit or a contract when it comes to mobile companies, if you have too much credit.
Highlighted
Anonymous

With regards to the original post, it's not your credit rating that's being called into question but your actual identity. It seems that when the online order system was processing your request it couldn't quite match up your details correctly to the ones stored on file, address etc.

This can happen from time to time, usually with new builds, complicated addresses and also those who have stayed at more than 2 addresses in the past 3 years. It may also have been caused by a typing error that you have made.

At the end of the day I would say calling it a disgrace is a bit over the top. You have been provisionally accepted, they just want to make sure they've got everything right. What's so wrong with that? I'm sure you'd be far more unhappy if the checks for getting a contract were slack and you ended up a victim of identity theft/fraud.