cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 contract auto renewal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have 2 contracts with o2 1st one is for my wife 2nd was taken only for phone deal so i've never activated sim or opened account. Now i did know that it runs out soon but didnt know when. After Chat with some advisor he told me that it ende 21/02/2016 ... so 5 months paying for nothing, no email, no letter asking do i want to continue ehh. So i want to find out can i have my money back for this past 5 months and has someone had that kind of problem?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is good advice

Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Well good luck and let us know if they make a gesture of goodwill towards you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 17

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
They probably will, but it wont be a full refund.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 13 of 17

RetiredDad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just fell foul of this too: months over billing for nothing.

I've been on contract for many years with multiple devices and My O2 Account online always showed bills split into Device tariff and Airtime tariff adding up to Total tariff.

I upgraded a phone in Jan 2016 at Carphonewarehouse.  Kept same number.  It was explained, as expected, that Total was some for Device and some for Airtime.  Happy to pay quoted Total.  Paid significant deposit to minimise Device amount and keep monthly Total lower.

Now May 2018 Total being removed from my bank account by Direct Debit has not dropped at all yet Device has obviously been paid off in full.

Three hours on phone to O2 and Carphonewarehouse, today, eight different advisors to learn:

(i) I have no contract with Carphonewarehouse, they want nothing to do with me and transfer my call to "one of their advisers".  It turns out they have transferred me directly to O2 claiming my contract remains with O2 and it is O2 who remove money from bank account and continue to do so.  Fair point but O2 say they were instructed by Carphonewarehouse what the monthly Total I agreed to pay in their shop was.

(ii) Carphonewarehouse changed my contract with O2 to a standard contract, not what it was before (Refresh maybe), so no longer does My O2 online show my bill split into separate Device and Airtime pieces, just Total and it is now all recorded as Airtime, despite it being the Total figure I initially signed up in Carphonewarehouse and that was clearly sold as Device plus Airtime tariffs both.

(iii) Device may be all paid off but bill Total does not drop when it is.  Neither O2 nor Carphonewarehouse communicate this to their customer in any way.  I am supposed to know untold that if I don't now cancel my contract exactly 2 years after signing it that it rolls over, auto-renews at the Total monthly rate – a now extornonate Total continuing for receiving Airtime only.  There is no longer automatic switch to Airtime only tariff as in the past.

BEWARE.  Carphonewarehouse have done the same to me again on two other upgrades in the last four months with their shop staff not explaining implications of contract change they make.  Nor does O2 inform you when they change your contract type either.

Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
CPW cannot do refresh contracts, you only get that directly from O2.
You are on a standard contract with a single combined payment for the duration of your contract which will continue forever unless you change it after the 2 year period.
This is what you agreed to when taking a contract with CPW.
You can now choose to keep your phone and upgrade to a sim only tariff, which will immediately reduce your payments, or fully upgrade to a new phone with the costs associated with whichever phone you choose.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 17

jonsie
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Just where are you laying the blame for this. You have a contract, you should read it before you sign or after you sign. Have you even read it now? 

Only O2 offer Refresh. CPW lied to you. You had a standard 2 year contract that you should have been aware of.

It isn't up to O2 to inform you, sorry but its down to you. Sorry to sound harsh but honestly, you had all the information on the contract and in My O2.. 

Message 16 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 125968 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

I know O2 get the  blame for a lot of things....but really?

Without being rude, a little more understanding of what and who you signed up for would have helped here.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 17