cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 and the HARD border

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks,

Got a little sting in my bill this month and telephoned o2 to enquire regarding said; and after a whole lot of time-wasting 32mins I finally got to speak to someone! Now for those of you following the Brexit shenanigans over the last few weeks you will have heard the terms "Hard" and Soft Border" in relation to The North of Ireland; and sure did not it cause a huge fuss a few days ago! Well you will be very interested to know that on o2 UK's part they have maintained a hard Border since the Good Friday agreement; even though the UK Gov did not! Shock horror and that is why my bill got stung! However o2 UK's SISTER company o2 IRL has no such restrictions on their customers calling into The North of Ireland! So in an era of Roaming etcetc to call from one side of o2 UK's Hard Border to a quarter of a mile to the other side of "THEIR" hard border you guessed it; they will charge you international calling charges!! So folks there you have it customer loyalty is a hard border and international charges and it is cringing to hear their representatives attemting to justify said charges.........

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

Customer services are not there to justify company policy at all I'm afraid.
If you wish to make your voice heard you need to make an official complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain but the charges are very clearly displayed herehttp://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/calling_abroad_from_uk

ireland.PNG

Edited to correct a horrific typo!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

As you are aware now, O2-UK do and have done for a good while now, charge International rates between the two. To be fair Eire has not been part of the UK for a good few years now and whether it's half a km or 100kms, the charges are clearly laid out. I personally don't think a complaint is justified. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I don't believe so either but CS most definitely isn't the place for it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4