cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 and how they work

Anonymous
Not applicable
let me tell you something.. you are quick to let me pay my bill with my prepaid mastercard yet wont let me open up a contract and for what you originally let me open a contract for a rubbish phone with my card!!!and i hardly call out ..im disabled and call out mostly 08 numbers which my bill for the last 6months has been 4 times the norm yet i still pay you. your greedy and you wont be gettin my payments for my last 2 billings until you compromise. im opening another contract with another network because even by how you 02 present your paragraphs on everything you can blatantly see greed oozing from you. people who can see this switch networks i tell you .. i have got lots of people switching from o2 and thats my priority they treat with no meaning they earn enough from us and we trust how they charge us so why not vice/versa #02GREEDY
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there. Unfortunatey prepaid cards aren't sufficient to open a pay monthly contract with O2, I think that's the same for most other networks too.

Have you already spoken to customer service about your outstanding bill?

If not I would strongly recommend you do, if you simply refuse to pay the bill the phone will just be disconnected and the debt passed on to a debt collection agency, the cost of which will be forwarded to yourself. It can also affect your credit rating making getting a contract or credit in future difficult. If you're proactive about contacting them you can usually get some sort of payment plan setup so you don't have to pay it all at once which would be the preferrable outcome. Unfortunately as I'm guessing you already know, 08 numbers aren't included in your monthly minute allowance so all calls to these numbers are chargable, this is pretty standard across most operators though so the hashtag seems a little misplaced.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there. Unfortunatey prepaid cards aren't sufficient to open a pay monthly contract with O2, I think that's the same for most other networks too.

Have you already spoken to customer service about your outstanding bill?

If not I would strongly recommend you do, if you simply refuse to pay the bill the phone will just be disconnected and the debt passed on to a debt collection agency, the cost of which will be forwarded to yourself. It can also affect your credit rating making getting a contract or credit in future difficult. If you're proactive about contacting them you can usually get some sort of payment plan setup so you don't have to pay it all at once which would be the preferrable outcome. Unfortunately as I'm guessing you already know, 08 numbers aren't included in your monthly minute allowance so all calls to these numbers are chargable, this is pretty standard across most operators though so the hashtag seems a little misplaced.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Their are apps you can download which can convert numbers to those that can be used out of your minutes allowance.

Also look at sites as SAYNO ones.

Here's an example ; http://www.saynoto0870.com

As said if you don't pay your bill or discuss options they will cease service , possibly charge a re connection fee and can sell the debt on which ultimately can adversely affect your credit rating which would mean getting products such as mobile phone contracts even harder.

If you have failed a credit check then you could check with companies such as experian as to why. They are one example and there are more credit file companies available.

Sometimes waiting for a while and try again works.

I sympathise with your situation of being disabled but that would have no bearing in O2's way of conducting their business.

Perhaps looking at getting a home phone to ring out in May be more beneficial.

Take care.
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

If you don't pay what you owe, a marker will be put on your credit rating and you won't be able to get a contract from any network. If you're unhappy with O2, pay up what you owe and move on. If you go the route you're suggesting, the only one who will suffer is you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I sympathise with what you're saying. O2 aren't exactly in anyone's good books at the moment but a pre-payment card isn't what any company would accept?

As suggested, there may be something on your credit file or even if you've not taken any credit before that can affect you as well amazingly.

Have you spoken to customer service about this? They can sometimes help and advise you better.

I wouldn't leave bills unpaid. We all fell like it in our time but as suggested it'll only hurt yourself in the end.

Good luck.
Message 5 of 5