cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 account appearing on my credit file but at a different address which isn't mine

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi this is my first post and would be grateful for some advice please.

I'm looking to change mobile providers and I've checked my credit file. There are no accounts on my credit file for o2, but under my linked addresses there is an address which is similar to mine

I live in an apartment development with 2 blocks linked together, each block has it's own postcode

The linked address on my credit file is for an apartment which is in the other block and another postcode, both the flat number and postcode are different, not only that, but the link details are to another address in another part of the country, which also isn't mine

The most recent link of the source shows as o2 Uk limited and the link was confirmed 01/09/2010

However I've never been with o2 and none of these addresses are mine. The o2 account doesn't show on my file (I presume it's been removed as it's not under closed accounts either)

I've placed a dispute on my credit file, but since I have no other details, is it worth contacting o2, or should I just leave it for Equifax to deal with

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You could write to O2 with a copy of the linked address and ask them to remove it but you will probably get a quicker solution by Equifax.

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com 

Credit File Referrals Team

Suite P

Arlington Business Centre

Leeds

LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You could write to O2 with a copy of the linked address and ask them to remove it but you will probably get a quicker solution by Equifax.

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com 

Credit File Referrals Team

Suite P

Arlington Business Centre

Leeds

LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Jonsie, I've emailed credit referrals, so hopefully it will get sorted slight_smile

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I emailed credit referrals and received a response that the details were correct and that I had lived at that address, meanwhile I'd emailed Equifax and sent them copies of bills from the time when the other address was confirmed on my credit file and they replied within a couple of days saying "Your dispute has been successfully resolved and we're making arrangements for your credit report to be amended in accordance with your request"

All sorted slight_smile

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I emailed credit referrals and received a response that the details were correct and that I had lived at that address, meanwhile I'd emailed Equifax and sent them copies of bills from the time when the other address was confirmed on my credit file and they replied within a couple of days saying "Your dispute has been successfully resolved and we're making arrangements for your credit report to be amended in accordance with your request"

All sorted slight_smile

Excellent news @Anonymous.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
So are o2 insisting that you are wrong still ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm waiting back to hear from credit referrals again, but I'm guessing they've realised I'm in the right and are updating the details with equifax or however it works

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Ok, good luck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8