cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Swap - What will I get/expect

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Samsung Wave 525 is only 13 months old.  I have a two year contract.  My mobile has been back for repair twice in the last 10 days.  The tracking service now says something about O2 Swap.

I see that o2 no longer sell the Wave 525.  What sort of mobile phone can I expect when I return to the shop? Can I expect a Samsung Galaxy Ace which appears to be almost the same as the Wave 525 and can I expect a new one, bearing in mind my Wave 525 was well within warranty.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Possibly, they may even offer you a choice, usually the phone has to be repaired three times before they will do a swap.

Let us know how you get on.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I shall keep you updated.  The lady in the shop said that if the phone had to go back for repair within 28 days of the first repair then I would get this o2 swap.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The swap can be a number of things.  If they have any stock of the Wave 525 then they will likely replace with that.  They may not sell it but may have some stock left of it.

Failing that they may offer you a choice.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that information pablo.  Just wait and see what tomorrow/Monday brings.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

First off thank you to Perksie an Pablo for their help.  Also Toby for his welcome.

I really loved  my Samsung Wave 525 and was therefore more than happy when I went down to the o2 shop today and found that the "swap" was a brand new 525 white exactly the same as my old Wave.  Its now on charging and I only pray that it works as it should when I come to switch it on.

Thank you also to the staff at the o2 Shop at Seaham for their endeavours in sorting out this problem.

Message 6 of 8

Toby
  • 11576 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
I hope it all works out for you Murtongirl slight_smile

Let us know what you think of it once you have had a play!

Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

slight_smile

Just wanted to say that new phone is brilliant.  Must be a more up to date one than my last because the graphics on the text messaging are  slightly different (better).

Shall play some more later.

Thanks again for your help everyone.

Message 8 of 8