cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Signal Issues - email to Ronan Dunne, CEO

Anonymous
Not applicable

TONIGHT I HAVE FINALLY LOST PATIENCE WITH O2 AND HAVE EMAILED RONAN DUNNE, CEO OF O2 TO GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF MY OPINION: ENJOY

Dear Mr Dunne

Please forgive me for contacting you directly. This is an extremely rare occurrence for me however I have been driven to total despair by your company's dreadful customer service and a downward spiral in signal performance.

I appreciate you are a busy man but I will keep this brief.

In my home postcode (XXXX XXX) and according to your website, I should get a "good indoor and outdoor 2g" coverage. OH NO I DON'T. I have repeatedly told o2 this and yet still your company lies to potential customers.

In my work postcode (XXXX XXX) and again according to your website, I should get a "good indoor and outdoor 3g & 2g" coverage. However the data signal is now regularly failing to connect. Apparently the network is congested but o2 have no plans to resolve the issue. So, you expect me to pay my contract costs on time but you refuse to provide a working service? How does that work?

I could give you a whole list of postcodes however I wont be so pedantic.

I have been in regular contact with o2 Customer Services who have repeatedly lied, never let you talk to a manager, failed to return calls, it takes over 30 minutes to even get them to answer these days and all I keep hearing is "terms and conditions".

Now as a business man, you will know that a contract requires two equal parties to sign up to and that each party must adhere to its obligations. I pay my bill on time. Do o2 give me a good signal? I dont expect 4g here yet, I recognise that. But all I get is negative from o2.

I have complained to the Complaints Review Service, who to be honest are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Their response? LEAVE. Simple as that. If you dont like it, leave. Is this how o2 treats its customers these days? The old o2 would make sure that the customer got a great service. Today's o2 doesnt give a damn. I have told o2 Complaints Review Service that leaving is the last option I would want to take, however if I do then I will take the handsets with me (as I paid for them 2 x £150) however CRS are demanding the handsets back (as I paid for them, I own them).

Recently, many more customers have taken to social networks to complain about o2 and their signal issues. Indeed, at a recent press conference you yourself said that 4g was not causing the current signal issues and that o2 were not being effective at getting that message across. So clearly o2 are experiencing signal issues and you have effectively admitted that. But nowhere was a solution mentioned.

Across the o2 community forum, people who have been o2 customers since BT Cellnet days are now saying they are going to move to other networks. I have never seen such negative feedback about o2.

So Mr Dunne, as Chief Executive Officer, you tell me what you are going to do about this? You tell me how you are going to sort out my issues to make me smile about o2 again. I have never seen a company's fall from grace be so spectacular as that of o2 currently. Others have fallen from grace yes, and went under. Is that what you want for o2? Remember there is a resurgent Vodafone, awash with cash, who plan to make the mobile world a much better place.

Will you reply to a customer? I doubt it, well, at least not personally. However I will watch with baited breath to see if a solution can be found.

Best regards

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Please let us know if you get a reply.
I fear you have just said what many are thinking wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5.

All I want is for o2 to provide the service they are being paid for. But more and more I am reading of people having signal issues and customer service issues. You yourself said in another post that the signal coverage across the north of my county is poor. Ok in the middle of the moors I dont expect to get a 50 mbs 4g data signal, but I do expect a call signal. In the towns and villages 3g should be the norm, not 2g as o2 seem to think as acceptable.

The reality is that since Telefonica took over the business, given their huge debts, they have failed to invest. o2 state they are spending £1.5m per day on the network, sounds great until you read that Vodafone (before they get their hands on Verizon cash) are spending £2.5m per day! (I dont know about EE or three so cant comment there).

Clearly there is an issue across the country with o2's signal and it is up to them to sort it. 

Message 3 of 79

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I think it's going to take a couple of years for everything to settle down and fully improve, but there are plans ahead http://www.o2.co.uk/network/future
and there is also the commitment to ofcom to honour http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1820791 but at the moment, Cities seem to be well covered whereas some outlying towns and rural areas are still poorly serviced.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 79

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The reality is that since Telefonica took over the business, given their huge debts, they have failed to invest. o2 state they are spending £1.5m per day on the network, sounds great until you read that Vodafone (before they get their hands on Verizon cash) are spending £2.5m per day!

O2 are the only network to have committed to 98% indoor population coverage for 2G 3G and 4G two years ahead of schedule to be completed by 2015 as part of their agreement with Ofcom in the 4G auction.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
The end goal to be supplier with a stable network signal is one I hope your given ASAP.

We've all been hit by signal drop at some point which all the networks suffer from ,but it is still frustrating.

I was affected by nearly 3 weeks not too long back with intermittent signal.

As said let us know how you get on please.

Take care.
Message 6 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MI5 @ Bandofbrothers

As requested, a quick update to say I have had a reply from the CEO's office to say they are sorry to hear of the issues and will get back to me within 5 working days.

I will update when I have more info.

Hi Perksie

I hope you are well. Thanks for your post. I can see where you are coming from but these issues are happening across the country now. This has been recognised by Mr Ronan Dunne and these issues are affecting people now. As he says the issues are NOT 4g related (I am no tech man so I have to accept his comments at face value) then it is HIS RESPONSIBILITY to understand it and resolve it.

And in areas where they are already experiencing congestion they should stop adding to the problem by selling more contracts.

I will update when I have more info. However the issues I raised in my original post are because o2 are in breach of contract if they are not supplying the services they are being paid for.

Watch this space
Message 7 of 79

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
And in areas where they are already experiencing congestion they should stop adding to the problem by selling more contracts.

We get surprisingly few reports of congestion here, and selling contracts produces more money for a better infrastructure.

You can't choose where the customers come from.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed for you piperdog123.

Message 9 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Perksie

The congestion issues have been reported nationally in the press along with Mr Dunne's statement about 4g not causing issues with 3g.

The congestion here was advised by o2 customer services and o2 network services who went on to say that despite the capacity being beached since October they do not have plans to resolve the issue and don't see it changing.

So I am told o2 won't upgrade as there isn't enough demand but then the network here is suffering from too much demand.

So o2...... which is it? ????

They seem to change the story to fit.

I do agree though with much of what you say on the community and despite others saying o2 failed on their commitments re 3g (I don't know if they did or didn't) the future does look promising.
Message 10 of 79