cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Refresh upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do o2 do a fresh credit check if already on O2 refresh and upgrading at the end of the contract ??
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I upgraded in store and they said to me at I was an existing customer they didn't need to
Message 2 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Based on recent discussions on here, I will say yes on the device plan as it's based on a fresh credit agreement each time.
I was unaware of this as older standard upgrades did not have a credit check, however recently a member of customer service informed a member that a credit check is taken out on refresh device plans on upgrades too.
Message 3 of 10

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
But kudos to nandroid as that has always been my belief and still not had clarification on here.
Message 4 of 10

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
This is the thread where a customer was told there will be a check.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Do-O2-credit-check-for-an-upgrade-to-refresh/m-p...
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Do o2 do a fresh credit check if already on O2 refresh and upgrading at the end of the contract ??

It depends on how you have managed your previous contract I think? If you have not missed a payment and had no problems then as I understand it they probably wont.

However this could have changed and O2 have the right to credit check anyone should they wish to...

We have read of different experiences dependent on circumstances....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I think this needs putting to bed and clarifying off one of the people who work at O2.
Refresh device plan seems to be different type of credit so may carry a check, but no one seems to have a definite answer on upgrades.
Message 7 of 10

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
A refresh contract may require some sort of mandatory credit check. I think it's included in the agreement.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I've asked the team to clarify this and I'll update you as soon as I have official information.

Message 9 of 10

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I don't think it is very clear at all, because you can only using Refresh if you are currently using a full-term contract. So unless it was on record, your credit rating had changed then it should be OK. Refresh will lock you in for 24-months and another device though.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 10 of 10