cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Refresh 'early cancelation fee' of £405. Now disconnected and still owe £400 on my device plan!!

ConorKingo2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As of 01/03/17, all of my bills on all devices were payed for and up to date. I got a letter stating i will be disconnected unless an outstanding amount is payed (the letter did not state an amount), however online all bills appeared payed.

Yesterday i was disconnected and went in to an o2 store. According to o2 i have an unpaid device plan on an o2 refresh contract from 2015. However, on 29/02/16 i payed £405 to settle this amount. After looking deeper in to my bill, it turns out that the £405 actually payed an 'early cancellation fee' and not the outstanding device balance. There are no such charges associated with refresh contracts and i have now been disconnected due to a fee i do not owe and a device plan i have payed off to the amount of £400.

Can someone help? or anyone from o2 comment?

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Hi @ConorKingo2

You can get in touch with customer services or make a complaint by following the details on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus (Resolver is a good way of dealing with issues such as this) and I can tag @Martin-O2 who can possibly assist in putting you in contact with someone from O2 who can assist you further.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

ConorKingo2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your advice. I was talking to the guys on o2 customer services for over an hour yesterday and she did not see this error, it took me 30 seconds once at home to realise what they have done wrong, the people in the o2 store also warned this may effect my credit rating... even though i have no outstanding payments it is there erorr!!!!!!

Due to this mistake and my bill being disconnected. I had to get a black cab home and not an uber at a rate of £35 higher than usual. I have missed important conference calls today and was unable to get the train to an important meeting and due to myself having tickets on my phone, and had to buy them again. Due to not being able to get a replacement since yestersday/ refusing to pay the £400 as i knew i had already payed.

All in all i have missed important meetings and lost at least £100 in train fares and taxis. due to o2. Do they offer any compensation as i have experienced financial loss aswell as being insulted and embarressed in store by them demanding £400 which i have already payed. if i have to pay a re-connection fee and am not compensated in anyway i may take this further and report to the appropriate body such as trading standards etc.

Thanks

Message 3 of 13

ConorKingo2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your advice. I was talking to the guys on o2 customer services for over an hour yesterday and she did not see this error, it took me 30 seconds once at home to realise what they have done wrong, the people in the o2 store also warned this may effect my credit rating... even though i have no outstanding payments it is there erorr!!!!!!

Due to this mistake and my bill being disconnected. I had to get a black cab home and not an uber at a rate of £35 higher than usual. I have missed important conference calls today and was unable to get the train to an important meeting and due to myself having tickets on my phone, and had to buy them again. Due to not being able to get a replacement since yestersday/ refusing to pay the £400 as i knew i had already payed.

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Honestly I couldn't say what they would pay in terms of compensation, you'd have to discuss that with complaints, but I hope you get it resolved and maybe you could come back and let us know the outcome?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I do hope @Martin-O2 can help sorting this out asap. It appears from the OP that the amount owing was paid...although not according to O2. To cut someone off like this is pretty outrageous...(particularly if it affects credit rating) slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
They've taken the money but applied it to the airtime contract not the device contract.
Now this may mean that the OP hasn't been paying any airtime bills until this was used up or it may be that it has just fallen down a hole in the system (remember this isn't an uncommon issue when people pay off a device and cancel the airtime) but really CS can see all this on the account so there's no excuses for them not sorting it out.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
They've taken the money but applied it to the airtime contract not the device contract.
Now this may mean that the OP hasn't been paying any airtime bills until this was used up or it may be that it has just fallen down a hole in the system (remember this isn't an uncommon issue when people pay off a device and cancel the airtime) but really CS can see all this on the account so there's no excuses for them not sorting it out.

True....but just needs someone to take ownership of the problem and put it right....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yeah but isn't that "always" the problem!

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yeah but isn't that "always" the problem!

On this we agree.....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13