cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Refresh Queries

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone, I have searched and searched through the FAQs and can't seem to find a decent answer.

I am an o2 Refresh customer, I was about a year into an o2 contract (been with them for at least ten years as payg and then onto contract) and my phone was knackered so I used o2 refresh in August 2014 to get a new phone early. Unfortunately not knowing much about phones I picked the most awful piece of rubbish ever - a Sony Xperia E1 - and hated it even more than my previous BlackBerry (and thats saying something!). Laggy and slow and stuck all the time and I wish the people working in the o2 shop had told me what a mistake I was making... anyhow!

Being only a few months into it but desperately needing a phone that actually works when I need it to I decide to look at my options... Since September I actually started working in a phone shop and I can get a really good staff deal (much much much better than o2's terrible deals) so what I've just done is paid off my device plan and "upgraded" to the cheapest 30 day simplicity tariff.

So am I right in thinking that at the end of this 30 days I can cancel with o2 and go over to my rival network? Should I request a PAC code from o2 BEFORE the 30 days is up or AFTER?

Don't get me wrong I've never had any problems with o2 and think they're a great network, but you can't blame me for wanting to take advantage of a staff deal! And I really REALLY need a phone that doesn't take fifteen minutes to respond! Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Unfortunately you have been incorrectly advised. However, there is more flexibility on consumer tariffs if a business tariff is not imperative for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Thats ridiculous as the paragraph in bold I showed was taken directly from the O2 Refresh FAQ's...

It looks as if lease is the only alternative option for business customers...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ditching o2 because you can't get a refresh deal on business isn't going to help you. None of the other networks do refresh.
Message 23 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually Tesco Mobile do AU (Anytime Upgrade) which is basically the same thing as o2 Refresh.
Message 24 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous do tesco do business contracts as that is the query
Message 25 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous do tesco do business contracts as that is the query

I don't believe so...

Message 26 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
In which case Tesco Mobiles AU tariffs won't be suitable for the OP @Anonymous sorry
Message 27 of 27