cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Refresh Queries

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone, I have searched and searched through the FAQs and can't seem to find a decent answer.

I am an o2 Refresh customer, I was about a year into an o2 contract (been with them for at least ten years as payg and then onto contract) and my phone was knackered so I used o2 refresh in August 2014 to get a new phone early. Unfortunately not knowing much about phones I picked the most awful piece of rubbish ever - a Sony Xperia E1 - and hated it even more than my previous BlackBerry (and thats saying something!). Laggy and slow and stuck all the time and I wish the people working in the o2 shop had told me what a mistake I was making... anyhow!

Being only a few months into it but desperately needing a phone that actually works when I need it to I decide to look at my options... Since September I actually started working in a phone shop and I can get a really good staff deal (much much much better than o2's terrible deals) so what I've just done is paid off my device plan and "upgraded" to the cheapest 30 day simplicity tariff.

So am I right in thinking that at the end of this 30 days I can cancel with o2 and go over to my rival network? Should I request a PAC code from o2 BEFORE the 30 days is up or AFTER?

Don't get me wrong I've never had any problems with o2 and think they're a great network, but you can't blame me for wanting to take advantage of a staff deal! And I really REALLY need a phone that doesn't take fifteen minutes to respond! Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just request your PAC now from O2 and use it as soon as you wish.
O2 will generate your final bill when you use the PAC so no need to give notice in this case.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just request your PAC now from O2 and use it as soon as you wish.
O2 will generate your final bill when you use the PAC so no need to give notice in this case.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Once you have your pac code you must use it within 30 days.

Otherwise as MI5 says above.
Message 3 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Normally On paying off your handset plan you are free to leave via pac code by giving notice to end the airtime part.

Here is a help thread on pac http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

By asking for it and the rival netwirk using it this will end the contract.

Don't cancel any O2 Direct Debits for a few months after the final bill just incase.

And

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
Message 4 of 27

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous please don't get confused by links on how to cancel your contract.

Using your PAC will immediately cancel your contract with O2, so no need for anything else to be done from your point of view.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
The thing that worries me is that my new tariff is showing on My O2 and although it's a 30 day tariff it still says my contract ends date is August 2016, should I just ignore this? O2 can't charge me for anything else can they?
Message 6 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to clarify I added the 2nd link as PAC Code usage is covered in that link also Hetty. 😄

Tip :
Please do check that the rival Network gives you good signal where you live etc by trying out their Payg SIM cards before signing up with them.

If your phones locked to O2 and to use rival SIM cards here is the help on unlocking which has the unlock link within it.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-your-iphone-and-using-it-on-another-network

Hope all goes ok for you
Message 7 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Give O2 Customer Services a call which is 202 for Contract http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus just to check your account ref end dates.
Message 8 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have only just paid off your refresh and taken on the 30 simonly it is likely to take o2's systems a few days to update.

Please follow the advice of MI5 as this clearly explains all you need to do.
Message 9 of 27

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The thing that worries me is that my new tariff is showing on My O2 and although it's a 30 day tariff it still says my contract ends date is August 2016, should I just ignore this? O2 can't charge me for anything else can they?

Yes, ignore it.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 27